New Rega Planer 8 (P8) Turntable - Apheta 2 Cartridge Combo - Thoughts

Any Thought's on the "New" Rega Planer 8 (P8) Turntable - Apheta 2 Cartridge Combo

Any Rega owners / dealers / folks familiar with the table and/or brand have any thoughts / advise about this table / brand / combo? 

I am trying vinyl again... Tried it before without much luck. Table / cart / phono set up was too finicky for me and I wasn't able to get decent sound. I sold it all and am now giving it another try.

I also chose a Sutherland Duo phonostage to match with it.

Would love thoughts, advise, ideas or feedback. I have never owned a Rega product before. Going to set it up tonight but still waiting for my phonostage to be mailed to me. Would love some feedback. 

Thanks  

System info

Rega P8 Turntable / Apheta 2 Cart
Sutherland Duo Phonostage
Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 Linestage
Pass Labs X250.8 Amp
Magico S5 Speakers (MK II's on order)

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack

@fsmithjack, The Last Factory makes a couple of good stylus products; Last System Formula 4 Stylus Cleaner, and System Formula 5 Stylus Treatment.

Audiophiles have discovered an unlikely product for cleaning styli, the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Do an Audiogon search to read all about it.

For the wet cleaning and vacuum drying of LP’s, there are a number of good options for around $500. The VPI 16.5 is the long-time standard (though it is now priced at $650, I believe), but it now has completion from similar models by Okki Nokki, Pro-Ject, and SOTA. As Spencer said, a DIY ultrasonic cleaner can be assemble for about the same price, but it will take some reading on your part. For $199 you can get the Record Doctor (a budget version of the Nitty Gritty-style cleaner) from The Audio Advisor.

One product you will need is a good tracking force gauge. The Riverstone Audio Precision Electronic one is available on Amazon for around $29 (free shipping). Also on Amazon for $20 is the new Audioquest Anti-Static Record Brush.

If you do your own cartridge alignment you will need an alignment protractor, and if your arm allows for azimuth adjustment there are products for optimizing that parameter. Discussions on all these products and topics can be found via a search on the Audiogon Forum.

Post removed 
Great info and thank you all you guys for the great information.

I am so much better informed today than I was a week ago.
Thank you

My phono stage isn't going to land via FedEx untill Monday :(

In the mean time I hope to come up with both a record and stylus cleaner solutions. 

Normally, I would go and spend the $850  and get the Kirmuss Ultrasonic unit but that I think should a unit to buy a bit further down the road. You guys agree?

My records are all new so was thinking I might go with a starter solution and get me sea legs and put the funds into more records.

What do you guys think of these items? It seems like a good newbie starter pack? Any adds or deducts. 

- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Mobile Fidelity Record Brush
- Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab LP#9 Stylus Cleaner (brush and cleaner)
- MOBILE FIDELITY - Record Inner Sleeves (50Pk)
- Record Doctor V - Record Cleaning Machine 

Note:

I have offers for these New Unused in Box

- Music Hall WCS-3 Record Cleaning Machine $400
- OKKI NOKKI RCM MKII w/Clear Cover $469 shipped
- Kirmuss Audio KA-RC-1 Ultrasonic - Open Box - Unused for $725 + Shipping 

Would you get one of these instead?

Thanks    

Post removed 
Post removed