Heard Maggie 3.7i with..

...a Rogue Cronus Magnum driving them. The combo sounded surprisingly great. I was surprised that a 100 wpc amp could drive them so well. Anyone else have experience with "low" powered amps and Maggies. When I've had Maggies, I've always had amps in the 150 to 250 (8 ohms) range.  Though I now have Golden Ear Triton1s, I think I will eventually have Maggies again. I've heard the Cronus with T1 and it's also a great combo. 

I guess the point of all this is that while I generally believe you should choose speakers first and then choose the amp to drive them, I'm thinking of getting the Rogue now and the Maggies in the future. Mistake? Thoughts?
secretguy
 So in other words your experience with McIntosh is limited to the 70's and that is it, at least as I understand it. All the many Mac units I have bought since 1980 have performed beautifully, and no DOAs at all. I think in all these years that I have had three units need repair. As for Audio Research, let's ask them for their opinions about their components. And how does your answer go back to your statement of DOA and poor service about McIntosh?
Post removed 
There are many McIntosh haters in this world.  It is usually because they can't afford them so they bash them.   I have 6 Mac pieces that perform flawlessly and all have been made within the last 10 years.  I have been to the factory twice for a tour and they make almost everything in house with the exception of the logic chips, etc.  They even make their own glass faceplates and they are made in the USA in New York, not Canada.

The most recent problems with just a very few Mac amps was due to a faulty logic chip that they do NOT manufacture.  You really are clueless about McIntosh equipment.  It's the sum of all the parts, the feel of the controls and YES, the BIG BLUE METERS.  Your statement above shows your true mentality.  Grow up and stop bashing others equipment.  Your comments coming from a Bryston and Pangea fangirl really make me laugh!
Post removed 
Post removed