So disappointed in today's Americana

I make it a habit of getting the Grammy nominated Americana albums from the library each year. Past years have introduced me to much new music, some good, some bad, some treasures (TajMo for example). This year I just listened to Brandi Carlile's cd 'By the way I forgive you', nominated for best Americana roots album. OMG it is unlistenable! You would think singer / songwriters would strive for a pristine recording that highlights their lyrics and mostly acoustic arrangements. No - it is a sonic mess, compressed all to hell. To quote my wife "Turn that crap off". End of rant. 
mcondo
@mcondo, do you already have all Buddy Miller's albums? His with his wife Julie? Iris Dement? Emmylou Harris? Jim Lauderdale? Marty Stuart? Steve Earle? John Hiatt? Lucinda Williams? Rodney Crowell? Chris Hillman's latest (produced by Heartbreaker guitarist Mike Campbell)?
I thought the loudness wars were finally over (heavy brick wall dynamic range compression in mastering) but apparently not quite yet. I don't recall who said it first but I agree with the assertion that, to paraphrase, "there can be no loud if there isn't any quiet."
Uh, no. The loudness wars are worse than ever. Flatline. 😳 No offense.
I love that Brandi Carlile record. Just shows. Maybe we listen for different things/reasons, who knows. But I love that one. And most of the artists listed by bdp24 (not so much a fan of Lauderdale).  The rest do it for me.
I love that Brandi Carlisle album too - also Marissa Hackman ‘old rockhounds’ On vinyl ...... 
think genre music always has peaks and troughs until the next wave comes in. 
I remember thinking Ryan Adams a god at first but then either my tastes changed or he got awful.....