Bass audition for your system....

Hello All,
Anyone tried these before?

Track:  "Slang" by Brian Bromberg.

Track:  "Carry on Wayward Son" by Brian Bromberg.
ishkabibil
Saint-Saenz organ symphony. Towards the end when the organ kicks in. I would say a good system should rattle your guts with that one but the bass should still sound like an organ note and not just a wave.

Also, for precise, well recorded and produced bass listen to Steely Dan's Two Against Nature album. The song by the same name is probably the best test.

There are several songs on Sting's Soul Cages with extreme but well produced bass as well.

Empty Pages by Traffic has a heavy, jazzy bass line augmented by kick drum. However, there is some intentional distortion in those notes so it might not sound as tight as you might like but that's not the system, its the recording.
I would assume many of the above selections are to impress, but one recording I have heard if you are looking for very accurate bass (musical), and trying to tune the bass in your listening room would be Ray Brown's "Soular Energy." His standup bass should sound quick and tight with even loudness from top to bottom. Purely acoustic.
My list was not intended to "impress".

The Saint-Saenz symphony I'm referring to, at least my recording, was produced under extremely tight circumstance where the organ and church were selected to approximate the original debut of the symphony and they even stopped traffic for several blocks around the church to keep road noise out.

Steely Dan are well known for their obsessive production/engineering and on some tracks/album used drum machines because they felt even some high level jazz drummers just weren't precise enough. I have found Two Against Nature to be one of their best produced albums.

Sting is a bass player. For whatever that is worth. His albums tend to be well produced.

Traffic is just Traffic.
HSU has files you can download to test your bass.  It includes white noise at different frequencies and some orchestral recordings that can make it feel like your house is trying to tear itself apart with the right subwoofers - http://files.hsuresearch.com/downloads/

Some music I like to listen to with good bass includes Boz Scaggs - Speak Low, Far East Movement - Like a G6, Donald Fagen - What I Do, and Deadmau5 - Some Chords.  Those are just a few off the top of my head.