What unknown musical artist would you like to share with your fellow audiophiles?

When it comes to music, about half of my friends are "collectors" and the other half are true audiophiles. It seems the collectors are so obsessed with the size of their collections, that they leave no room in their budget for quality audio equipment. I think the audiophiles, with their focus on quality over quantity, are the ones with their priorities straight. So, unless you are on an unlimited budget, I'm guessing that audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases. That being the case, I'm curious about what "buried treasures" have you been able to find? Thanks for responding and I look forward to discovering some good music, based on your suggestions.

I'll lead off with the band Crack The Sky, most notably their first two albums: "Crack The Sky" (1975) and "Animal Notes" (1976). I would describe them as a cross between Be Bop Deluxe and Frank Zappa. Their music is unique and totally unmistakable with anyone else. Choice cuts from the debut album are: "Ice;" She's a Dancer;" "Mind Baby" & "Sleep." Choice cuts from Animal Notes are: "Animal Skins;" "Wet Teenager;" Virgin....No" & "Maybe I Can Fool Everybody."
mitchagain
I think that when we talk about new or different or 'unknown' those terms are relative. Probably not many quality recorded acts that no one here will have never heard of. But there will be lots of those that not many of us have heard of.

I mentioned The Struts. They've been on the late night shows and were sort of the anchor act for the Victoria Secret Fashion show recently. So hardly unknown and they've been touring for 4 years. Still, a lot of folks here probably haven't heard of them.

One of my favorite and much lesser known acts is the Teskey Brothers. Heard of them here on Audiogon. If you like R&B in the vein of Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, etc, you'll like these white kids from Australia. Good stuff. I emailed their agent a few weeks ago and they will be touring the US this summer.
For the Dead Can Dance fans:

You might want to check out Volume 1 of the KCRW "Rare On Air" series of CD's, as it contains Brendan Perry doing a great acoustic version of "The Captive Heart."

Some other highlights from these series are:

Volume 2 contains Lloyd Cole's stunning cover of Leonard Cohen's "Famous Blue Raincoat;" and, this is one of the only recorded versions that you'll find of this song.

Volume 3 has a haunting version of "She's Gone" by The Tindersticks.

Volume 4 has a very good version of "So Real" by Jeff Buckley.
I've worked with 2 current Telecaster geniuses, Julian Lage and Jim Campilongo, neither of whom are well known really except to anybody who has heard them play. Lage turned to Telecasters after years with hollow bodied jazz boxes and acoustic guitars being his thing, and now with his trio and the most recent Nels Cline "Currents, Constellations" album (mind blowing) he's soaring out there. His two trio albums are pure magic. Just saw his trio at Berklee and he's simply amazing for both his beautiful technique and songwriting, and really among the best. I've been a fan of Campilongo since the "Little Willys" Nora Jones thing and saw his trio the first time at the now defunct Living Room in NYC. Did a show with him later in CT and man...there's a mind blowing Tele player right there, with an astonishing command of the thing...above the nut harmonic bends galore. Brilliant.

Although we have an international music scene, there are still many artists that don't seem to cross the pond. There are many US artists here that are new to me, so here are a couple of UK artists that might be new to you.

John Martyn, a great Singer Songwriter, Folk Rock artist, who died too young, another victim of drink and drugs.

"Solid Air" is one of my all time favourites, or "The Apprentice", or anything

Kate Rusby, a great Yorkshire folk singer,

Again you could buy anything, but "10",  "Sleepless", "Underneath the Stars", are all wonderful.

Thanks for all the suggestions