ONKYO TX-NR905

Hi all!

Got a question for 905 owners. I was going through the setup menu when I came across the PICTURE QUALITY options. Here is how to get in the setup menu that I am talking about:

- INPUT/OUTPUT ASSIGN

- 6. PICTURE QUALITY

Once you get to the PICTURE QUALITY sub menu, there are 5 options to make changes. Below are the 5 options:

- PICTURE MODE: AUTO, VIDEO, FILM

- EDGE ENHANCEMENT: OFF / HIGH

- MOSQUITO NR: OFF / HIGH

- RANDOM NR: OFF / HIGH

- BLOCK NR: ON / OFF

I would like to know what is the best setting because I got my blu-ray player hooked up to this receiver via HDMI. Right now, I have the PICTURE MODE to AUTO selection. Everything else below that is all on OFF selection. I am not sure if I want to mess around with those options. I figured I should let the blu-ray player do all the work and leave the settings on the 905 alone. Too much settings on the receiver and the blu-ray player can make the picture quality worse.

But I would like to know your opinion on these settings. I just wanted to get the best picture quality when watching blu-ray movies and regular DVD movies. Right now, watching regular DVD movies looks terrible! It's all grainy and fuzzy.

Thanks for any advice!!!!!
mantaraydesign
I have the receiver Onkyo TX-NR905 and I have a question regarding the Nominal Impedance. My speakers are the Atlantic Technology System 350 THX and rated at 4ohm. In the receiver speaker setting, do I set it to 4ohm, 6ohm or 8ohm? Those are the 3 choices that I see in the TX-NR905.

If I set the receiver to 8ohm, will it sound better, clearer and louder? If I set it to 8ohm, will my speakers get damage?

Thanks for any advice!