Snake oil came first. By a likely ~ +50k years

The entire path re professionalism, in all possible ways... is rooted in the thing that came first ---- snake oil. Something that was in play the whole time....of predating ideas on professionalism -----for a likely 50,000 plus years.

To attack the very thing that bought about and formed -hell no, Defines- human intellect?

Study suggests shamans acted as the first professional class in human society

Could be an interesting discussion but I expect degeneration will set in quite soon.
teo_audio
Guys, try to use "interpretation" instead of "perception" and it may get less tricky. Not ideal, but simpler.
Gosh, glubson, take it easy. You’re going to burn that thang out if you’re not careful.
@geoffkait "Duh?"

You asked. Sherlock.

"  it’s probably best to use my interpretation - hearing is the same thing as perception of sound"

Not really.You can perceive sound without a functioning auditory system. Not many people would call that hearing. So your interpretation is not precise either. The semantics can get dicey. 

My point in differentiating the two is to point out that two people can hear the exact same thing and respond to and describe it differently even with both of them having equally sensitive auditory apparatus. The signal is received or perceived if you will (hearing) but is processed (perception) differently. This is consistent with the dictionary definition which give both: awareness of the elements of the environment through physical sensation -AND-physical sensation interpreted in light of experience.

"Including psychological factors, but other factors as well. I’m surprised you left psychological factors out. "

I didn't. That's why I said hearing and perception. See above. Quit being such a Geoff and this won't be so hard. 
n80,

With some experience, you will interpret and perceive geoffkait differently. There is a lot of semantics involved. geoffkait, Geoff, Kitty...