Snake oil came first. By a likely ~ +50k years

The entire path re professionalism, in all possible ways... is rooted in the thing that came first ---- snake oil. Something that was in play the whole time....of predating ideas on professionalism -----for a likely 50,000 plus years.

To attack the very thing that bought about and formed -hell no, Defines- human intellect?

Study suggests shamans acted as the first professional class in human society

Could be an interesting discussion but I expect degeneration will set in quite soon.
teo_audio
@geoffkait :" Care to explain to the folks at home what you think the difference is between hearing and perception?"

Surely you know and are just being a....well, just being a Geoff. But just in case:

First, obviously, hearing is a form of perception but all perception is not hearing. But, generally speaking ’hearing’ is simply the ability to detect vibration while perception is considered the processing and interpretation of those vibrations in the central nervous system.

A good example of the difference would be someone who has a central nervous system lesion in an auditory or visual processing area. Such a person would be considered deaf or blind even though their ears or eyes function perfectly. And in the case of vision such a person will visually perceive absolutely nothing but if something is thrown at them they will duck because of a reflex tract that can be preserved even when higher visual processing is lost. So they can perceive but not 'see'. Get it?

As a freshman I had a very important Econ prof and his 101 class came
right after my Logic 101 class .After about a month I was in total confusion as everything I learned in Logic class was the opposite of what we were getting in Econ .I went to Econ Prof's office hour and told him exactly that .He looked at me and a sly smile spread over his face as he said:
"Yes it is a bunch of lies BUT they are agreed upon lies"  .
"Gosh, people sure have a lot of pent up psychotic energy."
Remember my "professional help advised"?

It took you a while to figure it out.
n80
First, obviously, hearing is a form of perception but all perception is not hearing.

Duh?

n80
But, generally speaking ’hearing’ is simply the ability to detect vibration while perception is considered the processing and interpretation of those vibrations in the central nervous system.

>>>>You will forgive me for saying this but that is actually incorrect. Hearing cannot occur until the brain gets involved. Therefore, it’s probably best to use my interpretation - hearing is the same thing as perception of sound. A deaf man would not hear even though acoustic vibrations impinged on his ears.

I should add that hearing/perception of sound is influenced by other factors than acoustic waves impinging in the ears. Including psychological factors, but other factors as well. I’m surprised you left psychological factors out. 😬