Snake oil came first. By a likely ~ +50k years

The entire path re professionalism, in all possible ways... is rooted in the thing that came first ---- snake oil. Something that was in play the whole time....of predating ideas on professionalism -----for a likely 50,000 plus years.

To attack the very thing that bought about and formed -hell no, Defines- human intellect?

Study suggests shamans acted as the first professional class in human society

Could be an interesting discussion but I expect degeneration will set in quite soon.
teo_audio
When I was in grad school I had an excellent Econ professor.  Aside from her, most other academic economists I read seem to have a pre-conceived notion and find "facts" to "support" that point of view...with their "snake oil".  She was from the "real world" and dispensed with opinions.

As far as "snake oil" in our audio field.  I wonder if some people have spent so much on an item, it's just what they go thru to rave about how great an item is, so they feel better about that purchase.

Just sayin'
Gosh, people sure have a lot of pent up psychotic energy. 😬 This is supposed to be the season to be jolly. 🤗
@geoffkait :" Care to explain to the folks at home what you think the difference is between hearing and perception?"

Surely you know and are just being a....well, just being a Geoff. But just in case:

First, obviously, hearing is a form of perception but all perception is not hearing. But, generally speaking ’hearing’ is simply the ability to detect vibration while perception is considered the processing and interpretation of those vibrations in the central nervous system.

A good example of the difference would be someone who has a central nervous system lesion in an auditory or visual processing area. Such a person would be considered deaf or blind even though their ears or eyes function perfectly. And in the case of vision such a person will visually perceive absolutely nothing but if something is thrown at them they will duck because of a reflex tract that can be preserved even when higher visual processing is lost. So they can perceive but not 'see'. Get it?