Snake oil came first. By a likely ~ +50k years

The entire path re professionalism, in all possible ways... is rooted in the thing that came first ---- snake oil. Something that was in play the whole time....of predating ideas on professionalism -----for a likely 50,000 plus years.

To attack the very thing that bought about and formed -hell no, Defines- human intellect?

Study suggests shamans acted as the first professional class in human society

Could be an interesting discussion but I expect degeneration will set in quite soon.
teo_audio
I thought the shaman things of origins in professionalism was quite interesting. And I decided to put the snake oil comment in the title as is is part of the problem the shaman suffered.

Looking at the origins of snake oil, which is the far east... it is deemed to be a real and well known effective balm with good science behind it.

Rather, it is western ideas and histories on the word pairing of ’snake oil’ that has fault or it’s own but essentially -incorrect meaning. Nevertheless, it is a descriptive.

Which is tied to the attack of the shaman, even though the shaman is the source. Probably THE source. The main point of human concentration of effort, thought, contemplation, inspiration and so on. Beyond critical. There are other interpretations, this is just the one I’m writing at the moment. You might see or write something else.

Multifaceted, it is...where people can plant their own complex ideas on it and call their viewing point complete and well founded (they can see for miles!-all clear!)... and then emerge as righteous with their wrath upon it, in whatever way such may manifest.

The thread has no point, rambling is the point.

Everyone knows the best conversations at the party happen in the kitchen. It’s where the cooking is going on. And that meal might have anything in it, and probably should.

Keeping to the party analogy, the thread will likely degenerate to some of the more willful engaging in fisticuffs outside and the police will have to be called. But it can be fun for a while. All good parties tend to ride the ragged edge.
The study was intertesing adding snake oil to it wasn't . 50K years ago it wasn't snake oil it was how we began to understand our universe , today the shaman, prophet, holy man, witch doctor, whatever you want to call them  peddle snake oil and know it. There are differing opinions some say the soldier is the beginning of professionalism , some the Priest though that would also be the shaman. 
When I was in grad school I had an excellent Econ professor.  Aside from her, most other academic economists I read seem to have a pre-conceived notion and find "facts" to "support" that point of view...with their "snake oil".  She was from the "real world" and dispensed with opinions.

As far as "snake oil" in our audio field.  I wonder if some people have spent so much on an item, it's just what they go thru to rave about how great an item is, so they feel better about that purchase.

Just sayin'
Gosh, people sure have a lot of pent up psychotic energy. 😬 This is supposed to be the season to be jolly. 🤗