Snake oil came first. By a likely ~ +50k years

The entire path re professionalism, in all possible ways... is rooted in the thing that came first ---- snake oil. Something that was in play the whole time....of predating ideas on professionalism -----for a likely 50,000 plus years.

To attack the very thing that bought about and formed -hell no, Defines- human intellect?

Study suggests shamans acted as the first professional class in human society

Could be an interesting discussion but I expect degeneration will set in quite soon.
teo_audio
If one really follows through with what goes on, in these modern extrapolations of the old and origins, we find some interesting things.

It’s a bit of a logic leap or a very long set of dominoes to analyses..but..what it comes down to is that People like Geoff, are the ones doing all the heavy lifting in the directions of new. Like the shaman.

And Geoff will get all the lighting strikes of derision thrown at him and derives none to little of any benefit from fallout.

And the silence on the now, of some, will become their benefit in the future, when they utilize the cleared grounds that people like Geoff have done all the heavy lifting on.

A well known example is Alan Turing. Jack Parsons was an oddity to say the least, but modern space exploration can’t and wouldn’t exist without him.

Thousands of examples of the same exist in the record. It’s almost the norm. I’m trying to be polite. It is the norm itself.

" “When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." --Jonathan Swift.

Let’s be clear, I’m not calling Geoff genius, nor am I calling him a bozo, re the Sagan quote. ( “But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.” -Carl Sagan)

It is discernment the capacity for such, that can make distinctions... and realize that there is no need for vitriol. It takes some minimal talent to exist in comfort, not strong emotions injected into reason. As that..is not reason. When you see the vitriol, you generally see some limit of an intellect being announced to all. That..in the end, the physical body rules the mental equation.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/genius

n80, of course I’m not saying that physics and electronics are the only fields of science. Give me a break.. What I am saying is for audio related devices and tweaks the most obvious fields of science that apply are physics and electronics. Duh" Unless you wish to represent yourself as having expertise in mind matter interaction, Thu, you actually don’t qualify as an expert in audio devices or tweaks or explanations thereof. The placebo effect might be your last hope of expertise for pharma but not so much for audio, sorry to disappoint.

Knowledge is what’s left after you subtract all the stuff you forgot from school.

glubson, if we require amateur help we’ll let you know.

Only half of the audio equation has to do with production of sound. The other half is hearing plus perception. I might have some qualification in that regard.

And to suggest that the placebo-type effect does not have a role in audio perception is not only silly, it is a bit naive. 

"sorry to disappoint"

Geoff, you have never disappointed me. It isn't even possible.
geoffkait,

Unexpectedly, when advising about help, I did not have you on my mind. However, if you need help, I am really not the one to call. You just do not fit the category of who I can help.