Parasound vs Rotel Amps

I have already searched for this but the threads are pretty old. I have long been a huge fan of the Parasound Halo series. I owned a few A51, A52, and recently had tried their "New Classic" line. However, I feel Parasound has NOT updated their technology for a long time. The Halo is pretty much still what John Curl has originally designed. Also their pre-amps are also lagging behind, unlike Rotel which already has the latest Dolby ATMOS and DTS:X.  

Therefore, Rotel has always been my choice for the Pre. I had the RSP 1570, and now the latest RSP-1576. So what's everyone's view on rotel Amps? Do they sound as good the Halo? My choice is either a new Rotel or continue with my Halo. I've looked at many manufactures and it seems like Rotel has the best warranty (5 years). 

I have ML eletrostats for the front an dynaudio audience 42 for all the surrounds. 

Thanks.
angelgz2
The older Rotel 10xx series amps are somewhat forward and dry sounding with grainy treble and tonally on the cool side of neutral when not paired carefully with the right speakers, upstream components and cables. But the newer and current Rotel 15xx series amps are very different from the older Rotel 10xx series amps. The new 15xx series sounded way better than the older 10xx series amps. All gone those dry grainy treble and cool lean sounding that you hear from the older 10xx series Rotel Amps. The new current 15xx series eg RB-1590, RB-1582 Mkll, RMB-1585 have warm rich dense tonality and fulsome sound with smooth highs and the noise floor is much lower than the older 10xx series Rotel amps. The new current model Rotel amps, especially the RB-1590, RB-1582 Mkll, RMB-1585, are much quieter design than the older 10xx series amps and have much fuller sound than the older 10xx series amps.

However, the Parasound Halo such as the A21, A31, A51 are excellent and IMO are superior to the newer current Rotel 15xx series amps. You should stick with your Parasound Halo A51 amp.

Fyi, Parasound does not make HT preamp surround processor. Parasound only makes stereo preamps. Rotel makes both stereo preamps and multi-channel preamp surround processors (HT processors).

As a matter of fact when building and designing HT preamp processors Rotel is way behind compared to other manufacturers in keeping up with the latest and most up-to-date surround sound formats and codecs as well as latest video processing such as 4k, HDR and stuff. Rotel is always behind in implementing the latest AV or HT technology. Recently Rotel has just implemented supports for Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, 4k, etc in their HT receiver (RAP 1580) and their lower end HT processor (RSP-1576). Rotel has finally caught up with the latest HT formats whereas other manufacturers have done so few years back.
But Rotel amps are great for the money.

I was disappointed opening up this thread to find the topic about newer products from both of these companies. I was hoping for the good ole days discussion when both Parasound and Rotel had some great amps for pennies. I still use some of them and enjoy the heck out of their earlier designs.

Sorry for the side track.

Michael Green

I didn't have good luck with the 15 series but it was quite new when I owned the flagship amp, pre-amp and cd player. It was fatiguing to listen to with B&W CM7 speakers and then even with Harbeth C7es-3's. That was quite some time ago, maybe 7 years, so I can't really speak of what they've done since then. Prior to that system I had a NAD integrated that I really liked a lot.
@donjr  

7 years ago the Rotel 15xx series amps are not the same as the current newer 15xx series amps. Which Rotel 15xx series amp did you have?