Funny question, 170lb speaker and foam base, how to remove?.

I got large speakers shipped recently but I am yet to find a way to safely remove bottom foam base which the speaker seems to firmly sit on. 

The foam holds the speaker base, and the speakers feet are in the foam. Is there no way to safely remove the foam without wrecking it?.

Lifting the speaker is just not possible, nor tilting it, the foam is pretty thick and the speaker cannot be made to slide out of the foam since feet are wedged into holes in the foam base.

I wonder how people deal with large speakers shipped to their homes seems like quite a task unboxing and placing etc.
geek101
Congratulations on the AERIS and Wavelet! Let me know if you need any help with setup as I've had AERIS + WAVELET for 2 years (I was the first AERIS owner that moved from Xilica 4080 to Wavelet) and am glad to help.

Unboxing: The best way to get the speakers out of the box is in fact to lay the shipping cartons on their side and slide the speakers out (onto sofa cushions as pointed out on the thread or a thick blanket is an excellent idea).  No other way to do it; trying to lift the speaker
vertically out of the cradle at the bottom will leave you frustrated....It's safe, I've done it several times with Focus HD, Focus SE and AERIS for unboxing/boxing (in reverse of course, slide them in then get the foam cradle situated, then seal the crate and stand it up) and it works like a charm.

And most importantly....ENJOY!!! After 275-350 hours of break in when the bass drivers and large mid limber up and get tight, you will be even more amazed than the day 1 experience you will have very soon!

Mark
Thanks everyone I followed the instructions of putting the boxes on and laying the speaker flat and removing the base. Just two of us were able to pull it off without any problem. 

@zephyr24069 Thanks for the offer, I will take it up soon. Still setting up and trying different spots. How far apart are the Aeris when you set it up and how far from each speaker do you sit when listening?.
I've setup AERIS on 7ft, 8ft, 9ft and 10ft centers, all with great results. Essential to have the back of the speaker at least 1 foot and preferably 2 feet or more out from back wall so this big drivers and open top end can 'breath'. Toe is pointing the tweeters at a spot directly beyond your head at the listening position.  I found 9-12 ft from speaker to listening position to work well though I've seen these with much greater distances in larger rooms
@zephyr24069 cool, I have set them up at 8.5ft apart and sitting 10ft from them. Left speaker is 2 ft from side wall and 3 ft from back wall however. 

How did you integrate with home theater ? or did u not?. The marquis XD center is big! , I mean it is huge. Need to find a way to conceal it, lol! else it might not survive!.
8.5 feet apart and sitting 10 feet back with ample breathing room for speakers at the head end is a great config, all should work out great for you. I’ve not integrated Wavelet and Aeris or Wavelet and other things into a home theater related system as while I used to have what I considered an over the top 7.1 ch & 2-ch hybrid HT and audio system, I moved past all the insanity of HT complexities and following ever-evolving/changing standards a few years ago as I found myself constantly pausing or stopping movies despite how good they sounded to go back to 2-channel listening. For me this worked as I’ve been able to ’obsess’ about please only 1 demon, that being 2-channel listening. The 2 definitely got the best of me :-) !d

I will say that if you keep the HT you should definitely keep the Marquis HD; it is one of the finest if not the finest center channels I've ever heard in a couple of systems years ago.  Talk to Bill at Legacy about how to integrate Aeris with Wavelet into your HT.  Wavelet has the ability to have multiple units slaved into 1 master I believe for home theater and complex system build-outs. You'll find this in the new Wavelet configuration menus using the web-based front end though I've never done it and you are best to check with Bill.  Let me know what you learn....