Surround Receiver For Zu Druid ?

Hi, first post so be gentle :)

I've got a full surroundsystem with the Zu Druids and I was hoping someone here got any idea what would be a good pre/pro or receiver for this system?

This is obviously a compromise in the music department, and a expensive 2 channel tube amp wouldn't be practical enough for me, but I would like the receiver to sound good in stereo, what brands do people use with Zu? or Is It just me who got the Druids for a 5.1 system?
whoracle
Tom1313:

Laughably small by audiophile standards.

More importantly, there are room/placement considerations that have enough impact on playback that it just doesn't make sense to spend too much on an amp, as I also need 2 subs.

If I can get amp, DAC, (preamp) and 2 subs for $1000-$1500 I will be very happy
IF you can get one of the newer receivers that have the room correction equalization on it, it might be worth your while, as it could take the room factor out of the equation. Maybe from Integra, Marantz, etc.

Question about your Druid set up. Do you have the gap between the floor and bottom of the speaker base properly set? If not, I would recomment you adjust to Zu's recommended height as this can also have a direct effect on the bass.
Ton1313: I got "get better sound" by Geoff Smith and actually have spent a lot of time positioning the system. It was well worth the effort, and the book is well worth the price. Given the constraints of reality (WAF, size of house, etc.) I feel good about positioning.

I need to experiment more with the port, but the problems I hear in the bass are not related to the port depth.