Surround Receiver For Zu Druid ?

Hi, first post so be gentle :)

I've got a full surroundsystem with the Zu Druids and I was hoping someone here got any idea what would be a good pre/pro or receiver for this system?

This is obviously a compromise in the music department, and a expensive 2 channel tube amp wouldn't be practical enough for me, but I would like the receiver to sound good in stereo, what brands do people use with Zu? or Is It just me who got the Druids for a 5.1 system?
whoracle
If you are set on using a receiver for your Druids, look into some used Sunfire. They made some very nice sounding receivers in their day and should be fairly reasonably priced on the used market.
f1audio:

What made the sunfires so good?

Also, I have become quite frustrated in my search, and think I may be better off with $100 external DAC plus whatever amplifier I want. Computer can take pre-amp duty.

This seems a better approach than trying to find a good amp that has decent DAC and requiring it to be a preamp too.
Tom1313:

Laughably small by audiophile standards.

More importantly, there are room/placement considerations that have enough impact on playback that it just doesn't make sense to spend too much on an amp, as I also need 2 subs.

If I can get amp, DAC, (preamp) and 2 subs for $1000-$1500 I will be very happy