DEQX not discoverable...

Hello all,

I had a DEQXpert do my initial setup/config.  In Apple's infinite wisdom, one of their updates corrupted my Virtual Machine and entire apple file system.  When I reverted back, my VM was corrupted.  I was able to recover the VM, but my install of VMware Fusion needed a fresh install and new license.  I'm up and running, but now my DEQX is not discoverable.  I updated my "gulp" Windows 7 VM, it rarely hits the internet and is quite stable, so I continued to use it just for my DEQX.  I've run thru the install wizard, reinstalled the driver and DEQX program, but it's still not discoverable.  I've used 2 different USB cables, still the same.  The debug window does 5 "LINK_INT" calls then "TRASH", repeatedly.  I poked around on the DEQX website and wasn't able to find any OS support.  My only thought is that Windows 7 is no longer supported by the DEQX wizard, though with the version I'm using it was working with the last update having been applied to my W7 box in 2013.  With the updates, it's still not discoverable, so I don't know if that would be the issue.

Anyone have thoughts? 
toddcowles
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing these troubles, Todd.

If I understand correctly you are saying that the DEQX Cal program cannot see the DEQX, when the computer is connected to the "USB control" connector on the DEQX. (As opposed to not being able to send music to the DEQX via the DEQX’s "USB audio" connector, if your unit has a USB audio interface).

If so, the only suggestion I can think of is to uninstall the existing installation of the DEQX software, and then installing the latest version of DEQX Cal (3.02.02) by running its .exe installation file in Windows 7 compatibility mode. As you probably realize, that can be accomplished by right-clicking on the installation file’s icon, selecting the compatibility tab, putting a checkmark in the "compatibility mode" box, and selecting Windows 7 beneath that.

And if that doesn’t help then try running the installed program in Windows 7 compatibility mode, which can be accomplished by right-clicking on its icon that is probably on the Windows 7 desktop screen within your VM, and proceeding as above.

Good luck. Best regards,
-- Al
KISS...

Keep It Simple Stupid...

Had the USB plugged into the audio and not the control port.  It's up and running.
More to discover