Best bookshelf speakers

I’m building my first high fi system after being more of a portable audio person. I want to start with the speakers. Space is limited so bookshelf speakers are a must.

Preferences:
Balanced and revealing with a hint of warmth.
Midrange most important to get right over highs and lows
Timbre is super important - I listen mostly to acoustic music especially jazz
But I do need some bass as I also listen to some electronic music
Smaller is better but SQ is most important
A speaker that sounds good with different amps but also scalable with high quality sources
Wide sweet spot - I wont have money for a great amp at first but want them to be scalable for later

These speakers have caught my eyes - any thoughts on them?

Ascend Sierra 2s - Ribbon = dispersion limitations?
BMR Philharmonitor - See above. Also massive.
Buchardt S400/S300 - Wary of the sudden hype train and limited info
Silverline Minuet Grande - Limited info
Reference 3A De Capo - This caught my eye as a potential endgame speaker if I could blow up my budget a little. But concerns about BE tweeter as well as some potential snake oil stuff (cryogenic treatment (!?)), exaggerated sensitivity claims and wonky measurements put me off.

What else should I be looking at?

Edit: I could have sworn I had <$2,000 in the title... Anyway, my budget is 2k.

stuff_jones
As the happy owner of Sierra 2's, I'm not aware of any vertical dispersion issues.  
Post removed 
Yep those Fritz may well be the best (I heard them at CAF, absolute top notch) if they would fit  I’d go for those if budget allows. Most any amp should produce beautiful music with those. An 8 watt tube headphone amp was used at CAF and the results were simply stunning! Note they are rear ported, if that matters.
If you check the fritz speaker site you will find other models that do fit in a $2000 budget that might also be worth some consideration.
@gsm18439  yes but it's kind of worrying that copies are still being produced today, not updates but exact copies as near as dammit.

Was that famous 1970s midrange that good that it can't be improved upon even now?

At least JBL claim to have updated the drive units on the relaunched L100 Classic.

https://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/l100-classic.html