Tavish Design Adagio Owners

Hello 

I know that there must be a few of you out there , since there was a 12 to 14 week waiting period when I had ordered mine and they been made since 2016 .

What tubes are you using ?  Which ones have you tried ?

If you haven't changed your tubes since purchase and you want to try something new
start with the 12AU7 , like I did since it is only one tube , which I have found to have some of the greatest 
influence on the sound .  So far I've tried 3 NOS tubes from the late 50's and the 1 new one , that I am using . 

For the 5751 trio I am currently using 2 new Tung-Sol gold pin cryo treated 5751s in positions 1 and 2 ,
in position 3 I am using a 1959 GE gray long plate 12ax7 .  
For the 12AU7a position I am using a new Genalex Gold Lion gold pin cryo treated tube and 
for the EF86 positions I am using 1972 Tesla EF806s tubes .

This phono pre-amp not only sounds great but is also a whole lot of fun tube rolling !

Rob

128x128vair68robert
With the original tubes after the break in period they sounded good ,
If you want to improve your sound try replacing them with NEW Tung-Sol gold pin cryo'd or not .

I replaced the 12AU7A Gold Lion with a NOS Raytheon from the 60's ,
wow ( now that it is broken in ) what clarity .
The Gold Lion has more warmth if that is what you are looking for .

I don't use the mute , wish it was a stereo/mono switch .

Congratulations and Have Fun Rolling .
I am seriously considering one of these someday. How does it do in terms of bass extension? I like a punchy and fast sound.
gcg 

After a few weeks of breaking in with the original tubes I was very pleased with the bass extension .
It was the clarity and linearity that impressed me the most .

I use a MM cartridge going through a passive preamp .

Rob

Hi,

I rolled in some GE 5751 Blackplates (3 micas), a GE 12BH7 in place of the 12AU7/ECC82 and a pair of 6267/EF86 Telefunkens. Pretty much improvement all across the board. They are also very quiet, perhaps even more so than the stock JJ's.

BTW - I noticed that they are offering a tube-regulated power supply for $1800! Scott will give owners of the SS PS a $300 trade-in towards the tube PS that uses a 5AR4 rectifier, a 6550 pass tube, and an EF86 error amplifier. The "fun" never stops!
Wow 

That's great , did you roll them in one by one or all at once ?

The EF806s Tesla's I am using are" Telefunkens " ,
Tesla was making ( at least ) the EF86s and EF806s
for Telefunken in 1972  and themselves . 

Tube Power Supply = to many $$$$ for me
I was thinking about the upgraded transformers ,
but since I wouldn't be using them for the forceable  future I didn't think it was a good time to spend the extra $510 .

Rob