Music reference/ audio research / vpi

Looking for suggestions. Have a Music reference rm-200, and an audio research LS 16. Also have a VPI classic 4/proteus transfiguration. Wondering how the RM – 200 would match up with an audio research ref 6, an audio research ref 3 phono, And maybe Ariel acoustic 7t, or Devore gibbon X? Looking for suggestions. Live in the sticks with very little opportunity to audition much of anything!  While I love my audio research, sometimes I wish there was just a bit more tubey richness.  The Gibbons are supposed to have a more organic sound I’m told…? The phono three should be more compatible with the transfiguration…My phono 5 is not compatible…Trying to develop a plan and go at this one piece at a time… Also wonder about the vac 300.1…? Would think the ref phono three should be my next purchase…?
128x128fanotunes
 @bdp24 asking for a friend with a RM-200 on the way....15 A IEC power cord ? recommended sanely priced cord?
@tomic601, a cheap pc to try, just to see if it makes any audible difference, is the 10g MagicPower pc by Signal Cable, only 69 bucks for 3’. If your pal detects an improvement, he can then experiment with (perhaps more expensive) others. I use a Shunyata Copperhead (bought used for about a hundred more), which would no doubt amuse Roger Modjeski (he doesn’t "believe" in such nonsense ;-) .
Eric
i do the same picking up high quality castoffs for $100-$120 after a $750 MIT disaster cable.....ha

thanks

Jim