Time for a Pre change? Need the wisdom...

I bought a mac C 41preamp and a pair of AA 10T’s. 

There is a harsh edge riding on the high end... I cant get rid of it.  I have changed everything out and still cant remove it...... I have the opportunity to buy a Parasound A21 and a P6....  What’s the feeling here on this era of Mac? I have had people I respect and in the business prefer the Parasound over the Mac. 

Is the Mac on the bright side and is the P6 in the same ballpark. I have emailed AA about the harshness... maybe xover or maybe bad tweets? It’s killing me. I feel if I clean house (amp- pre) with new equipment I will have a better chance at getting to the relaxing listening days again.

All opinions are welcome... I have a thick skin as I know everything... lol
128x128captbeaver
I dont have a great deal of monies to invest in speaker wire...whats the feeling in the Anti-cables solid core. I could spend that... I do like making my own so any help with this would be so kind.

I thank all of you for the help I am getting here...

I feel at this point the Mac is fine so it’s on to the cables and amp.

This means a lot to me.... thank you
mattmiller.... thank you. I needed that. I have always wanted Mcintosh gear since I heard and saw the first set in 1971 when I was at Andrews AFB... will never forget that day... that's when it started. lol 

I have contacted AA but nothing yet. I also contacted my friend who is a rep in the business to see if he has some cables I can borrow to hear what I have done to myself... don't forget, I know everything...lol until I come here and get schooled! :)
I have Mac 601 monoblocks with a C-2300 tube preamp driving Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolutions.  All high end SR cabling.  In a search for "detail" I went to the Rollerblock isolation technology and my system got so bright it was almost unlistenable.   Quite a feat when you consider those components as none are considered bright, in fact the opposite.  What I discovered was all the detail especially in the HF range was overpowering my room.  With lots of research and the help of GIK Acoustics we treated side wall 1rst & 2nd reflection points with absorption as well as immediately behind listening position.  We used difusion on front and back walls as well.  Results are incredible...soundstage off the charts with lots of detail but no harshness or glare.....very musical.  I have a few pictures on virtual systems.  You might give your room treatments a closer look.
Happy listening!
Duelund speaker wire is very good and affordable. For a 10 foot pair either 16 gauge ($120) or 12 gauge ($240) from Parts Conexion. Look up user grannyring or Acoustic BBQ if you want a premade pair. It probably won't hang with a $$$$ set of wires but can compete against anything <$1k, some may sayer higher.
I agree with @treebeard1.  I use the duelund, made my own pair and it was super easy and a great investment.  For some details see this link (with more links included).  A number of threads around here to...

http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/more-duelund-fun-this-time-speaker-cable.3156/