Time for a Pre change? Need the wisdom...

I bought a mac C 41preamp and a pair of AA 10T’s. 

There is a harsh edge riding on the high end... I cant get rid of it.  I have changed everything out and still cant remove it...... I have the opportunity to buy a Parasound A21 and a P6....  What’s the feeling here on this era of Mac? I have had people I respect and in the business prefer the Parasound over the Mac. 

Is the Mac on the bright side and is the P6 in the same ballpark. I have emailed AA about the harshness... maybe xover or maybe bad tweets? It’s killing me. I feel if I clean house (amp- pre) with new equipment I will have a better chance at getting to the relaxing listening days again.

All opinions are welcome... I have a thick skin as I know everything... lol
128x128captbeaver
@erik_squires      "I've heard some complain about some Mc's being bright to harsh, but first, room acoustics and speaker placement. "

Have you yourself heard a Mac to verify this?  McIntosh  is not bright or harsh sounding.  If anything, they are more laid back.  If you haven't heard the McIntosh equipment yourself, then you really don't know what they sound like.   I would love for some other McIntosh owners to chime in.
@captbeaver - The 7T are COMPLETELY different speakers than the older 10T.  The 7T use soft-dome ring radiator tweeters and a paper cone midrange.  I would probably put the 7T as a "Sonus Faber" type of sound.  I think the 7T would really shine with a very high resolution amplifier, but of course it's all up to your taste.  There are a hundred different directions you could go.  It's difficult to say if the Parasound would mate well with the 7T or if it would be too warm (unless you like that slightly warm character).
There is nothing wrong with the sound of a correctly functioning C41 MAC. I doubt that it is the problem look else where in your system. C41's are clean clear and detailed with great high's typical of of a McIntosh preamp.

Matt M
captbeaver

Your AA 10T’s at 86db and with an impedance graph that looks like this, I’m with Stereophiles John Atkinson’s opinion of:
"Its plot of electrical impedance (fig.1), however, reveals that it sucks quite a lot of current from the partnering amplifier to achieve that sensitivity. The magnitude drops to 3 ohms or below in the midbass and mid-treble, and is coupled with a demanding electrical phase angle some of the time.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/A10fig1.jpg

I’d say amps of >100watt at 8ohm that can come "close" to doubling that wattage for 4ohm and again 2ohm.
This will keep the bass rich and full and take away from the harshness (mid treble above) you hear probably at 3khz (3ohm) that the present amp/s you have are having trouble driving.

eg: plus/minus 15% or less
8ohm=100w
4ohm=200w
2ohm=400w

This will do current to maintain what JA said " that it sucks quite a lot of current from the amp".

Cheers George
Thank you all....

I’m buying the A21 OT A21+ 
my amps have been a big problem since I got the 10t’s