Is the grass greener on the other side?

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to the serious audiophile world for speakers. I've been into audio since I was a kid (getting nice car stereos and headphones etc), but I just recently got my first house so decided to try getting a nice 2.1 system for my living room. I've been blown away by how much more I can enjoy the music as opposed to headphones (even with very nice headphones like my Audezee LCD-3's and Woo amp). But now I have fallen into the trap that many have. I am constantly wondering what I can tweek or change out to make the sound even *better*. So I'd like to solicit thoughts from the community on two questions:

1. How do you deal with the temptation to wonder how much better things could get? 

2. Help feed my addiction ;) What should I *fix* next. (Gear list below)

Source: TIDAL -> Roon
Roon Core: Gaming PC in another room
Roon Endpoint: Surface Book Laptop (tuned to make sure the fan stays off)
Surface is connected via Transparent USB Performance cable to Anthem STR Integrated (my newest toy)
Anthem STR is running ARC
I use Transparent Wave Speaker Cable to connect from the STR to my B&W 704 S2's
I use the Tuneful Audio Cables for jumping between the two posts on the P&W's instead of the brackets they provide.
For power I use a APC H10 and connect everything to it. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xmattlathrop
OP:

Absolutely. Room correction always works better with room treatment. Especially when it comes to bass nodes. 

With room treatment that is effective below 120 Hz, you can de-energize peaks and valleys enough to really improve both.

Having said this, it IS possible to add too much or the wrong kind of room treatment, so getting expert help can make a difference.
Best,
E
@mapman 
I will have to see if I can find a show here in Seattle. If not maybe I'll make a trip to RMAS one year. Do you have suggestions on where to go for good sounding concerts that aren't classical music? Most concerts I've been to sound like garbage. 

As far as what is wrong... Well it's hard to say since it is so hard to say since I don't have a good reference point (hence my desire to try and hear the best). One major issue I have is I can't get my speakers to an ideal equilateral triangle. The layout of the room is such that the speakers are only about 6' apart yet I sit 15' away. Perhaps I should move it all to a different dedicated listening room to get the speakers set right but then I'd need another audio setup in the room my speakers are currently in because my speakers play double duty between music and TV/Movies. 

As an extra side note I tried playing with toe-in, and pushing the speakers around in the few feet area they have but didn't see any dramatic changes to the plot from ARC quick measure (only 1-2 db)
@erik_squires 

Do you think the designers at GIK can learn enough about what is needed just from pictures/sketches with measurements? Or Do you think (as I have seen suggested before) that they are simply throwing darts at a board hoping to hit something? Should I have someone come out to take measurements and make recommendations (I'm assuming such a service even exists) 
Listen with your ears for All the things that comprise good sound.   

Measurements can help but it is what you hear that matters.  Don’t focus solely on flat frequency response.  Even if you nail that that alone assures nothing. 
OP:  Go visit their web site. Their help is pretty comprehensive and experienced. I believe they even have a free 3D room designer/simulator now.

Your alternative is of course to hire a professional acoustician and if you can afford it, I highly recommend you do so. 
If you think about the scale we are on, from "I read crap on the internet" to "Professional acoustician" the service GIK provides online is a lot closer to the latter than the former.

Best,
E