Missing the forest for the trees

Something I've been reflecting about, of late. With time and experience, I've been pulling back trying to connect with and attempting to understand the larger picture.

Perhaps others have their unique stories and universal messages to share.

I request we keep the discussion positive and helpful. Thanks!
david_ten
A great sounding system playing a great recording actually will reproduce the sound of a concert hall with amazing detail...ambient crowd sounds, reverberant hall sound...it's all there...compare a studio orchestral recording to a live concert hall version...you can easily hear the difference.
Post removed 
Thoughtful Essay: 'Objectivity and the Abstract Truth' by Allan Moulton // The Absolute Sound

Here is a snippet...

"The scientific method is a purposeful and sometimes necessary disentanglement of equipment and sounds from listening’s full context. But at the end of the day, a double-blind test or full set of measurements reveals a lesser form of the truth, not a greater one. The truth or essence of the equipment we listen to is not contained in them or in the capabilities they have or in the opinions we hold. Like it or not, the full truth is that we’re entangled in complex and wonderful ways with our world."

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/objectivity-and-the-abstract-truth/