Is the NuPrime CDT 9 Pro a Best Kept Secret?

Recently the lens fell out of my heavily moded (Musical Concepts)  Pioneer PD 65 which I use as a transport, toslinked to my Audio Alchemy DPP/DAC. I glued it back in, but it won't play.  I  may have inserted it upside down, alas, there was no telling which way was up even wth my magnifying glass

so I am in search of a transport. The NuPrime CDT 9 Pro (MSRP $795) caught my eye, but I cannot find a review

Anybody know anything? 
tweak1

celander
530 posts

"Must be a special digital cable to prioritize that product over a transport and DAC."   

You missed something the toslink goes between a trans and da.

Jay doesn't offer toslink
@tweak1, I understand the significance of the toslink digital cable and its inability to be used as a digital cable with the Jay's Audio transport. I guess I would have chosen the transport and DAC for their SQ's and then obtain a compatible digital cable to mate the transport and DAC together.

That you think highly of the WireWorld toslink digital cable is admirable. I am sure the NuPrime CDT-8 Pro will suit your needs quite well!
It's been about a week and Nuprime has has yet to answer 2 messages

In the meantime I came across a brand new Marantz HD CD 1, which should work quite well as a transport, and in a pinch as a decent cd player, BUT, it lacks balanced outs, which was an attraction with the Nuprime, BUT, the Nuprime is $800 an the Marantz almost half., and their remote doesn't select specific tracks

Ill know soon about the Marntz. Delivery expected today, but obviously it wil require 100-200 hours break in

As to toslink, there are a lot of companies offering mediocre cables, but WW is top shelf . Since my Audio Alchemy has a coax input and the Marantz a coax out, I will investigate it eventually as well 
What didn’t nuprime answer. While it may be moot, I may know. Did you email John Casler in the U.S?  The Phillips transport is so fast you can very quickly reach any track. The Phillips transport likely will long outlast the Marantz. It jitter is very low.