Best vinyl purchases based on pressing, studio production, sound quality and enjoyment.

As you all know this question has been asked a million times on a million sites BUT each time it’s asked, it can be very helpful to those trying to find great vinyl that is quiet, produced well and touches the heart each time it’s played.

I’ve only been into vinyl for 6 months now and have purchased 250 albums, 99 percent new, recent pressings, reissues. So within the last year, what are 10 of your favorite album purchases based on pressing, studio production, sound quality and pure enjoyment??? Here’s my top 20:

1. The Wonderful Sounds of Female Vocals. (Various artists, 200 gram QRP)
2. Willie Nelson- To all the Girls (Various artists 180 gram Legacy)
3. Dead Can Dance- Into the Labyrinth (180 gram Mobile Fidelity reissue)
4. Rickie Lee Jones- Rickie Lee Jones (180 HQ Pressing Warner Bros reissue)
5. Stevie Ray Vaughn- The Sky is Cryin (200 gram Analogue productions 45rpm reissue)
6. Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon (2016 reissue)
7. Renee Flemming- The Beautiful Voice (Decca 20th anniversary gatefold)
8. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong- Ella and Louis (Analogue productions Mono reissue)
9. Eva Cassidy- Nightbird (Blix Street Records 180 gram)
10. Doors- All the new reissue 45’s from Analogue Productions, 200 gram
11. Cash- The Man Comes Around (American Records, QRP, 180 gram)
12. Shelby Lynne- Just a Little Lovin (QRP, Analogue Productions, 45 rpm, 200 gram)
13. Vanessa Fernandez- When the Levee Breaks (Groove Note, 45 rpm, 180 gram)
14. Nils Lofgren- Acoustic Live (Analogue Productions, QRP, 200 gram)
15. Neil Young- Live at Massey Hall (Reprise, 180 gram reissue)
16. Tony Bennett- I Wanna Be Around (Mobile Fidelity, 180 gram reissue)
17. Linda Ronstadt- What’s New (Analogue Productions, QRP, 200 gram, reissue)
18. Cat Stevens- Tea for the Tillerman (Analogue Productions, QRP, 200 gram reissue)
19. Muddy Waters- Folk Singer (Analogue Productions, QRP, 200 gram reissue)
20. Fleetwood Mac- Tango in the Night (Rhino, 180 gram, 2017 reissue)

Ps: You can go beyond 1 year if needed.

128x128knollbrent
For years I've searched for a pristine copy of "Wake of the Flood" but always fell short. I've bought NOS and used first pressings, imports, and later pressings, none of which provided what I knew this album had in its grooves. I even bought a NOS cassette in hopes to catch lightening in a bottle. That too came up short.
Until today, that is, when I walked to our local B&N and low and behold a Rocktober surprise was waiting for me. Grateful Dead Records has, for the first time since its original pressing, released this gem of an album. They have used the original analog tapes and have accomplished exactly what I have been searching for throughout the past 30 years or so.
Here is a tomb quiet, beautiful mastered, extraordinarily detailed version of "Wake of the Flood"! This should qualify as a holy grail of releases. if you are into vinyl, run, don't walk, to the nearest B&N and pick this up. Trust me, you will thank me for giving you a heads up and adding this to your collection. Yes, it is only 140 grams but you will not miss the extra 40 grams.
Tonight I'm one happy camper!
@raymonda Have you compared the new Wake to the MoFi?  It's a great pressing.
Love GD: Wake... I have a nice copy, on early press. Always thought it was a good listen, but I may grab the Rocktober. I bought the T-Rex LP on Rocktober due to overwhelming great feedback, but have yet to crack it open.