No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need

It goes back to cable manufaturars, mostly provide no relevant data! to sales and the users. None will answer this!
Whay do you think that you own now the optimal cable to your setup?
I think I've figured it out. 

128x128b4icu

Mr. stevecham

Why do you come back with a say of DF when you own a Manley NEO 250 with 1.5% THD and a DF of 14.8! https://www.manley.com/hifi/n250/

None of this thread is relevant in your case. So what is your goal in your last post? I thought that we were well done on page 7.

Post removed 
Once you have proved all cable manufacturers wrong how do you think they are going to feed their children?

I don't think you have any social conscience.

Mr. pesky_wabbit

I would like to think that the cables industry will catch up and fix the wrong, to get things done properly. Not a big deal. It is not that all the sudden we won't need cables any more. We just need a different type of cable to be made per spec. That spec. shall be calculated and not guessed.

On that issue, without undermined your concern to be fair with the cables industry, what about us, the customers that were told wrong so long and been asked to pay an arm and a leg for that? Do you think it was fair?

I also would check how we would trust such an industry that had no idea for so long, what they were doing and taking advantage of us. What about all the urbn myths that they spread efficiently. So efficiently that people brought it up on this thread as an argument! You don't mind about all that?

"In fact, damping factor means nothing."
I know close to nothing about damping factor but am perplexed by such a finite statement. Why do manufacturers of not-so-shabby products mention damping factor then? Is there any reason why a manufacturer of an amplifier would write in a promo material that "damping factor was increased from 205 to 260"? I know it is a promo material, but they get their stripes not on those numbers most of the time.