Any ideas?? ARC CD 3 doesn't work

I went to fire up my CD 3 Mk 2 this morning and it is completely black! I slid the door, I tried the remote, I pushed the STD By button, I changed the power cord, I checked the fuse box, I plugged in something else to insure the outlet was OK and the case is stone cold. I have a local service outlet I can take it tomorrow, I am crushed.
Any ideas what might have happen??
rsjm80
A quick follow up... I took in the CD 3 Mk@ and the tech told me that in the past week to 2 he has gotten swamped suddenly with all different equipment that has trouble, which leads me to believe that it may has sourced from the grid it's self, just seems awful funny that so many pieces have suddenly failed from so many different manufactures. When I get the prognosis, I update again.
I'm in Upstate N.Y (Rochester to be exact) but, I'm really hoping that it's nothing more than just a fuse. As I keep thinking about it scares me because the unit was cold to the touch as opposed to just a touch of warm as it usually is. The tech also wondered if the laser failed, but I dismiss that as it should still have power and light up the display.
Laser failed???
It's not logical at all.
Why look at laser if power supply is first one in the loop?
Perhaps it's not techie spoken to you, but front desk dood blasting out his mindless assumptions to your ears.
At one time , 50-60 years ago, Rochester NY was THE best city in the USA.Now like every old industrial city from Wooster MA to Gary IN a total wreck.