Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Okay, @slaw ...that would be the self-titled BS&T which is their 2nd.
Track 1 (below) Variations On A Theme By Erik Satie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GreaN1ljqGY

You will forgive me my preference for Child is Father. I like Al Kooper’s voice (and songs) better than David Clayton Thomas’ HUGE pipes. Am in a minority though. A LOT of people seem to have preferred that 2nd album w/DCT. It charted way higher than the first and produced a number of hit singles. To each his own.

That was yesterday though...
Right now, Chick Corea’s Three Quartets

I don’t buy much new vinyl but did with this composition once I heard it (not all that long ago) thanks to Frogman. It is a 2016 release on "Stretch Records". Nice piece of vinyl - flat, good weight and quiet.

What is "ORG"? (original pressing??)

ORG = Original Recording Group

DCT = David Clayton Thomas.

"Frogman" _ I'm surprised you aren't aware of (ORG)
Yeah, DCT is as you have it.

Frogman is a frequent poster over on Jazz Aficionados.  He referenced Three Quartets...maybe included a link to music from it.  Don't recall.  It was a must buy after spending some time with it.  Got new vinyl and a CD version.

re ORG, I might have heard of that label.  Not sure.  Like I said, I don't buy much new vinyl.  Most vinyl purchases are for old stuff...original pressings or as close as I can afford to get  :-)  I get off holding a 40+ year old piece of plastic that sounds fantastic.  Case in point:

Peter Framton's self-titled studio release playing now.  Black with rainbow colors in his white block letter name.  A lot the music on Frampton Comes Alive is on this recording.

Ghosthouse 10-7-2018

Reading the notes on the back cover of the album ["Child Is Father To The Man"], John Simon is credited for a variety of roles.  That's the same John Simon as worked on The Bands 1st & 2nd albums as well as S&G's Bookends and that's hardly a complete list.  I don't hear him talked about with the same reverence as  George Martin.  I don't hear him talked about much at all actually, but I think the man was a creative genius that brought out the best in a wide range of talent.   
John had a very classy and musically-oriented upbringing.  His father was a medical doctor, but was also a founder, first violist, and for many years president of the local classical orchestra, the Norwalk (Connecticut) Symphony.

How do I know this?  My wife and I lived in his parents' guest cottage, adjacent to their home in Norwalk, from when we were married in 1970 until we moved out of town in 1980.  John no longer lived with his parents during those years, but I met him a number of times, and of course knew his parents (and also his sister) quite well.  A fine family.

Best regards,
-- Al