Underrated album: Sonics AND Music

Listening to this CD this evening it struck me that this might be the most underrated CD I have, from both a sonics and music point of view. I bet everyone has a go-to album that needs more respect.  Mine: Rosanne Cash— Rules of Travel. 
tomaswv
Mine is Crowded House "Together Alone." I don't think that Crowded House gets the respect they deserve. Neil Finn, the main guy in the band, just joined Fleetwood Mac, but I think they should be backing him up. 

Song Cycle by Van Dyke Parks, a name perhaps not unfamiliar to you due to his collaboration with Brian Wilson on the ill-fated Smile album. Song Cycle was Van’s first album, and it is, I guarantee you, unlike anything you have ever heard. It’s not Rock, nor even Pop, but a densely-orchestrated, utterly-unique group of songs. Van was hired by Brian due to his abilities at lyric writing, and Song Cycle is filled with puns and other forms of word play, very clever and amusing. One song ends, the next beginning with the lyrics "That’s a tape...that we made...and I’m sad to say it never made the grade".

All the songs on the album were written by Van (including "Van Dyke Parks", writing credited to Public Domain :-), save for two. He included a song by a writer who had not yet recorded his own first album---Randy Newman. The song is "Vine Street" (which is also on Randy’s later debut album), performed in an impressionistic, almost surreal, style. Also on the album is Donovan’s "Colors", performed on harpsichord with orchestral accompaniment. The song was included on JBL’s demonstration LP of the 1970’s, and was used by audio shops to sell speakers.

Steely Dan "Two Against Nature". I don't think there was a single single from this album.I'm pretty sure it got no radio play. And while none of the songs rise to the popular level of their other hits, from a sonic, SQ, production quality standpoint it is the best CD I have.....though my CD library is small.
I have 2 albums that I love, that were not very popular or well know, but sound fantastic and contain excellent music in their genre. Here you go:

dada - "Puzzle" - an excellent pop/rock album with great pop/rock songs, excellent musicianship and great sound quality. One of my top 10 favorites for both music and sound quality.

Supertramp - "Brother Where You Bound" - IMHO, Supertramp's best by a good margin. Very cohesive album with great songs, great musicianship and fantastic sound quality. Plays almost like an epic theme album (although I don't think it is). One of my top 10 favorites for both music and sound quality.