Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
I ended up ordering mine from Bucther Block Acoustics in maple this weekend. I am getting the end-grain version in a custom size (19.5 x 16.25 x 3) to fit my SolidSteel WS-5 wall shelf as direct replacement for the MDF board it comes with. They say it should be about 6 weeks for production. They were going to quote one in cherry to match my furniture, but I’m changing the latter next year anyway, when I get a Naim Fraim, which I will do with either black or ash shelves.
Asahitoro. Don't bother with granite. Use 4 inch air dried maple from Mapleshade. I had wrote a long post but it got lost in a bad connection. Oh well. 
there are footers that came with my butcher block audio shelf that are rubber and cork.  they seem to work really well
I got my butcher block from Butcher Block Acoustics the other day. It took about 6 weeks because I had mine done at a custom size to fit my Solidsteel WS-5 wall shelf. It came with cork/rubber pads for feet, which I am using to support the block on the shelf. For the turntable I have changed out the spikes on the feet for a set of isoAcoustics Gaia III feet (normally used for speakers, and I have the Gaia II on my Dyn C2s). It looks and works great. I am going to try out some HRS Nimbus pucks instead of the provided cork/rubber feet to see if that makes a difference.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4864/45893515952_dc0f5bece2_c.jpg
With regards to the maple from Mapleshade or Butcher Block Acoustics is this hard Maple or soft Maple?  If its soft Maple it is not as dense as Cherry or Black Walnut.  Hard Maple is very hard and I would imagine its resonance is at a higher frequency than any of the other three I mentioned.