Is there a consensus as to blu ray sound quality?

I have no doubt missed it...as it's probably been discussed ad nauseum on these electronic pages, but I still wonder...is there a consensus of the sound quality differential between regular players and the new blu ray?
Of course the video qualities and disc qualities are apparently much upgraded into the blu ray tech, but does this mean the sound is as consistently better? Has anyone played one of Winston Ma's incredible FIM remakes on a blu ray, if so tell us about what you're hearing.
Also, am wondering if any of the CD mfgrs are planning audiophile versions of blu ray??
lrsky
Post removed 
Consenses: Aw, the hell with it: just plug alternating holes with KT88s and 6550. Makes for a good mix.
Consensus, too strong. Has anyone compared blu-ray to a regular player in terms of overall sound quality? Are there differences? Again, any word on a high end audio company making an audiophile version?
Post removed 
True Tvad, but if we're to be realistic, everything digital is obsolete in, well, less than 5 years.
Though, of late, the improvements seem to be slowing and more incremental. Think of when, other than blu-ray, we had a so called revolutionary change.
Also, no one has commented on Winston Ma's silver and or gold coated CD's for his remasters. I know his 'regular' CD's are fantastic, as I have, I think, all of them up to about a year ago. How about those with gold or silver, anyone heard them?