Phono preamp/turntable connection question.

Should I put the better cable in between my phono preamp and turntable or from my phono preamp to my main preamp? For now, I have a 4ft pair of BJ LC-1 cables and a 1.5ft pair of DH Labs Silver Sonic Air Matrix.

Thanks.
asahitoro
Agreed.  Use the best cable from table to phono stage.  You are sending much lower level signal and as atmasphere said above, if that gets messed up in any way there is nothing you can do to fix the signal.
My experience has told me to use the best cable from the SUT to the phono ~ since the SUT is doing wonderful things with the signal, keep it as short as possible.  If no SUT, then use your best cable from TT to phono.
Yes.  But you should experiment, besides you may not know which one is 'best' cable.
Tonearm to phono stage is the most critical to proper cable selection. You want the lowest capacitance cable as possible and good shielding with high output impedance moving magnet cartridges. Moving coil cartridges with significantly lower output impedance are much less prone to signal loss from capacitive reactance in the cable, but much more prone to interference, so shielding is a bigger issue there. Line level output impedance is usually low enough to overcome capacitive reactance issues and strong enough for good s:n, but that is a variable that changes from one environment to another.