Cover songs that are better than the originals.

There is an active thread about terrible cover songs so I thought I'd start one about cover songs that are better than or have completely eclipsed the originals. I'll start:

Randy Newman wrote Momma Told Me Not to Come for Eric Burdon who recored it with the Animals and Newman recorded it too. I have the Newman version and like it but Three Dog Night really seem to capture the mood of the song best in my opinion.
n80
Nilsson - Without You, Everybody's Talking
Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee
The Band - I Shall Be Released
The Byrds - Turn Turn Turn 
Ha! slaw’s Richard Thompson cover of "Oops!...I Did It Again" is genius! Fun topic. And djones51’s The Band’s "I Shall Be Released" is one I wish I had made (maybe I did in the similar thread?). Richard Manuel’s falsetto vocal is really special. For another great version of his Janis Joplin's "Me And Bobby McGee", give a listen to Gordon Lightfoot's recording. ARC's Bill Johnson really liked the recorded sound quality of the album it's on (If You Could Read My Mind) too. 
+1 Talking Heads - Take me to the River
Alison Krauss/Viktor Krauss - Big Log
Amy Winehouse - Valerie
Pink - Me and Bobby McGee
Travis - Baby One More Time (yet another Brittany Spears song)

As far as Stairway to Heaven, it hard to believe that a cover could be better than the original, but Heart's version comes close.