what did I do to my Oppo/Modwright UDP-205 ?

Like a real fool I unplugged my new umbilical cord I just got from wywires because I was hearing static (I thought it was the new cord) and then plugged it back in with the power supply still on! a few seconds later a loud pop and what looked like a flash, the Oppo still played so I thought I was safe but NO! now I am getting the same pop as the music plays what did I do? 

128x128goofy
Ok thanks, so it's the PS 9.0 not the oppo? I did take the top off the 9.0 nothing that is visible, that I can see, what's strange is I played four tracks before I heard the pop again,  boy what dumb ass I am 
OP
Do Not berate yourself , the best make mistakes, it happens.

As suggested call Dan tomorrow if possible and I suggest leaving everything powered off for now just in case any further accidental damage occurs.

Sorry for your misfortune, it really sucks when you have an issue that you feel was all your fault but....

You did say it was making a static type noise BEFORE you disconnected the umbilical so might not be you at all.
Dan told me not to have the either unit powered up while the umbilicle is not connected. I thought mine was connected but it wasn’t securely connected.