which is a better match for best results

Hi ,I have a Krell Evo 402e, which is the best suited pre amp for rock and jazz , I can get a Audio Research 5 SE or a Krell Evo 202 for the same price, anyone with experience on both? thanks for your help
128x128rtcd56
I get the opportunity to hear mix and match equipment in a variety of settings, I would suggest sticking with one brand of equipment, that way they are voiced the same. Attempting to tailor a sound to get the best results is difficult to do under the best circumstances.

I am sure cables make the difference in any system. Excluding the best metal conductor, silver, is kinda weird. Kinda sounds like a snake oil experience.
Electronics can in no way favor a certain form of music! Can't happen- no how no way.
Oh?   

That's funny. 
atmasphere (Ralph) is spot on.

@erik_squires: Sometimes when someone says something that we consider funny it's sometimes due to our lack of knowledge from which they speak (I'm being kind here). Happens to the best of us.

Ralph, here is an amusing, but true tale courtesy of Jack. Someone ordered some trannies from him. He asked what color bell ends they wanted. The response was: "What color sounds best." Jack responded maroon. So it's no coincidence that was the color he selected for the A3-500 and Sliver 45 SE amps he built :)
+1 atmasphere. People usually listen to rock/pop at much louder volumes so a bright system becomes more obvious. Same system may "seem" to sound better with jazz at lower listening volumes but that's just a misconception and becomes clear as soon as you hear both genres on a tonally balanced system.
Ok, not sure what absolutist bible exists that portends the efficacy of all amps for all music types!  THAT is lunacy.  Classical, jazz and rock can favor very different frequencies and musical tastes.  What can make strings and woodwinds sound natural can make cymbals and upper register piano sound dull and rolled off.  Amps and systems in general have different voicings that can either accentuate certain frequencies or not...of course neutrality is the goal (for some), but can be elusive.  Cables are a whole other realm, as well as source material and playback equipment.  It’s called design...hello!!  Not all amps, or anything for that matter, are made exactly the same.  Are you “All amps sound the same” people drinking the Audioholics protein fueled punch?  Perhaps you were speaking to the ideal amp which would not favor any particular music?  In that case, carry on.