Advice and help understanding, choosing a Widebander / Single Full Range Driver speaker?

I'm considering a second set of speakers for my primary system.

I'm satisfied and very happy with my current primary speakers (Tekton Design SEs), so this isn't about a replacement speaker, but I have been looking for something that is different enough from my Tektons, in terms of speaker type and design, etc.

My current top choices being Sound Labs or Cube Audio. Horns, maybe.

Srajan Ebaen's review of the Bliss C a year ago was what first exposed me to Cube Audio and his more recent review of the Nenuphar is stellar. Both reviews are copied in my follow-up post below.

I've been 'somewhat' exposed to full range drivers (or nearly so, with augmentation) as I've owned Zu Audio and Vaughn Loudspeakers and have been exposed to Teresonic speakers and Voxativ drivers. Still, I'm a neophyte with regards to this speaker type (single full-range driver).

Would love to learn more about the pros and cons of owning a true wide-bander and issues, pitfalls, etc. I should consider before moving forward.

Leaving this very general and open. Let's keep budget out of this also (I don't want to complicate the discussion). 

More on my system and room and preferences in subsequent posts.

Thanks!

(BTW - I did search the forums and there is 1 wide bander thread and 6 full range driver threads. None apply directly, but I will review each to see what I can pull out that may be relevant).
david_ten
If you are inclined to DIY, or just want to peruse some additional information on the topic this site might be helpful:

http://www.commonsenseaudio.com/nirvana.html

If any of the drivers interest you it wouldn’t be difficult for someone with experience to build cabinets for them. I think Lee Taylor’s name comes up a lot in that regard.
@lowrider57 Thanks. It is a great thread.

@atmasphere and @clio09 The driver can be purchased directly and thanks to @acresverde , who introduced me to a cabinet maker here in New Orleans, making that an option as well.
I have Voxativ 5" AF2.6 in DIY enclosures - supplemented with a single REL S/5 SHO.  In an open (non treated) listening room, nearfield ...they are fantastic.  Over the past year, I matched the internal wiring to be same as my speaker leads (AP SilverOval2); I added Furutech 865 wirewound posts; I added BatPro2 super tweeters and GAIA footers.  Basically, I now have the artists in my room. 
Sure, i've heard what more linear speakers sound like (>$35k) and have (maybe) been convinced that whizzer cones color the sound ...but single drivers are magical for convincing staging and voxativ are unmatched for timbre and transparency.  And i only need 30watts to drive these.
If you dont want to go full DIY, Voxativ now has their FIT product (five inch tower) that can be optioned to have the AF2.6 driver for under $6k.  And you can buy a used REL for under $2k.  Cables, supertweeter and footers bring the price to about $10k.
If you dont need to fill a hall-sized room, this is the way to go, IMO. 
When I’m the NY area make an appointment with Charney Audio in Somersett NJ. About 30-45 mins from midtown depending on traffic, and 10 min from Newark Liberty. All of Charney’s horns are true full range single driver designs that incorporate drivers from Omega, Lowther, Voxativ, and AER. No crossovers! No sub needed! That deliver in all the areas you are listening for! Clear noncongested engaging sound!  
He will be at Capital Audiofest in November.

http://charneyaudio.com/

The Charney system I heard with Voxativ driver sounded very good for a full-range dynamic driver system.  To me, the only short-coming is that the top end is not fully extended.

I recently heard an open baffle system using a full-range G.I.P. field coil driver--a replica of the Western Electric 4165A driver--and this was the finest sound I've heard from a full-range system.  But, the system actually has a tweeter that can be turned on and off to compare full-range to two-way.  The tweeter is crossed in very high (more like a super tweeter) with a simple resistor-capacitor network (1st order crossover) and an L-pad to adjust level).  I preferred the sound with the tweeter operating.  The G.I.P. driver is extremely expensive, but better than any other full range driver I've heard.

I also like the vintage Jensen/ERPI M-10 field coil driver used as an extended range driver (i.e., with a tweeter).

Horning makes some very dynamic and exciting systems using full range drivers as bass/midrange drivers and add a tweeter.  I like these systems too, although they are a touch bright and a little harsh sounding for my taste.  On the MUCH cheaper side, Rethm makes a speaker named the Bhaava that is essentially a full range driver augmented by a built-in, powered subwoofer; a great sounding system for the money (around $3,000).