Planning out a PS-Audio Stack, seeking advice balance of hardware vs dollars avalible

Would love to hear from folks that have compared these components or can explain the changes they heard when adding any of these components. 

I'm in the process of putting together my last 2 channel system. I know the answer is try stuff out in your own home, but not really an option. So I'm having to do it based on best informed decision. Then a call to an agreeable dealer I'll never meet and wait for delivery. Sadly I can't even hear the amps without a 5 hour plane flight

The good: 
Currently I upgraded speakers to Sonus Faber Elipsa SE and very happy. Very forgiving in the room, nice soundstage which is my #1 want in a system. Tone of instruments from cello to piano great.
Streaming almost 100% through PS-Audio DirectStream. This upgrade brought the life and love to the SE's.

Now the bad:
Arcam A32 FMJ, all connected single ended. single M+K powered subwoofer. I have my own personal oversize power transformer 30 feet from the house, assuming its pretty clean; but, winter storms are harsh and lots of bumping on and off. Running a UPS with battery which gives me time to turn things off when this starts happening. I don't have a dedicated room, so the living room is home.

Lots of room treatments aren't in the cards; but I'm pretty good on side 1st reflections and floor, 8 foot ceilings that I can't do much about. Bass is OK, the 140W at 4ohms drives the speakers ok, although it is working harder than it should and I feel I can hear it strain and could be much more. The 2.5 ohm speaker load in the higher bass wants more current than I can offer. At listening levels there is a slight but noticeable background noise which I would like to be much blacker. Really wanting an even wider and deeper soundstage and more life.

If I were king and had unlimited funds I would go
BHK Pre and a pair of 300's
Balanced cables (thinking the new Marrow's at the moment)
Pair of mid size Rel subs
P12 regenerator, dedicated 20A, and PS audio power cables all around. 

Even with a generous discount all this isn't in the cards.

Right now the BHK Pre is a given. I talked with PS-Audio and using the DAC output for volume control has drawbacks I hadn't consider. This was their #1 recommendation if I did nothing else. 20 Amp dedicated circuit just needs to happen.

Amps I'm torn on. Everything I've read and from what others have experienced says the 300's are much better than the 250. But how much better, will I hear it with my constraints, or am I better served by spending those $$$ on a regenerator instead? Talked with PS-Audio and their take is I'll get better sound from a Pre + 250 vs the 300's alone, but you'll love the 300s. Awesome, but the other advice is get the BHK pre in my system above all else. After I'm done comparing sound like diamonds in a jewelry store finding the absolute best, I'm wondering if I would really be just grinning and totally content with the 250 a year down the road. 

How much and how will a P12 benefit sound over the same money spent on the 300's instead? PS-Audio feels that in the worse case with my power bumps it will power off and protect everything downstream. No clear opinion on sound improvement.

What sort of improvement might I see by going with new sub or subs over staying with the M+K

Min thoughts are BHK Pre, balanced cables, and a yet to be found used higher current amp. Thinking the right tubes could tune a better then I have amp. More likely to go with the 250 and balanced cables regardless of the amp choice. 

Adding one of the following would be in budget, ideas which is gonna add the most value? Upgrade to the 300's, better subs, or Power Regenerator? I can defer the last 2 but going to the 300's just kills them as options.

Love to hear from people that have heard these options and about their choices

128x128doitwithlife
Conscience choice as I didn't feel like I needed the power or the extra heat (Florida Summers) from the 300's with my speakers at the time which were Nola KO's.  My 250 sits out in front of the Timbernation rack on a spiked 3" thick maple butcher block and after about an hour of playing music measures from 116-118 degrees at the heatsinks.  In any type of enclosed rack would measure even higher I suspect.  Plus adding the extra amp that you may not need just eats into you budget for other things.  If later you feel the need to further address  your power situation you can do it for much less with balanced power isolation conditions from companies like Keces or Equi=Core.  
rdoc

Based on the rave reviews plus what I have been told by friends that own it you can't really go wrong with the MicroZotl especially since it is about a third of the price of the BHK.  The BHK would seem to be the obvious choice but if money comes in to the decision the LTA would be a safe choice and appear to be fairly easy to turn over if you decide to change. If you can find a great deal on the BHK then the choice becomes easier.  
jackd,

Thanks for sharing. I was going go the 250 route and started talking with my dealer about goals and such. End result was he felt I’d really be happy with the stereo, but is convinced I would appreciate the deeper wider soundstage of the mono’s long term. Got my speakers from him earlier so knew well what I was working with. Ended up making it so it would be silly to say no. Should be here next week, so I’m really jazzed

rodoc,
Those Se’s are really nice and smooth aren’t they. Totally love mine. I’m not at all familiar with the pre jackd mentioned. But, he’s got a bit of game and sane, so think its well worth checking out. Other thing is he’s very right, if you want to get the BHK pre you’ll be able to close the price gap a great deal if you shop right. If you're not working with a dealer now, pm me if you want and I'm give you info on talking with my guy. He's really done right by me.

Last week I chatted with the factory about these pairing. I believe the DAC to 250 sounds great. I had questions about sound quality degrading when using the DAC for volume control. Couple of negitives, then she advised me to always leave the DAC at 100%. Reason is that when dropping the DAC output it actually limiting bits as well. Heard it from the factory direct, not from some forum guy. That could explain a bit about why most people report such a jump when adding the pre. Go figure. Also her advice was if I could only get one piece, get the pre and just put whatever amp I could afford behind it. Hands down she said the pre would make a bigger impact.

Once I get them both broken in, I’ll try with and without the pre and post here what I’m finding with my SE’s. Also will be pulling the sub and will see how the 300’s help with bass.

For what it’s worth:

I’ve ran the BHK pre, it sounded great, the only drawback, for me, was there are no tone controls.  Some music was a little too sharp/sensitive on the higher frequencies, the inability to make slight adjustments made it a no go for me.  

I run the DSJ and have ran that direct to my BHK 300’s, which I swapped out a McIntosh MC452 for those.  It does sound good, but not as good as running it with my Pass Labs XP-20.  It’s slight, ever so slight, just a little more transparency/detail on the top end.  There are plenty of folks that do run it direct and are happy with it.  I don’t work there, but the comment regarding “running it at 100,” I believe I recall coming from Ted Smith in a YouTube video, but was not in the context of using it as your preamp, rather if it’s being used with a preamp.  So, take that with a grain of salt.

I won’t over indulge regarding the BHK300’s, as there are numerous reviews out on them.  To me, they sound great.  I’ll be hard pressed to let them go, until they release the 600’s in the new chassis...:)

What online dealers discount PS Audio gear and what is typical discount percentage?