Auditioning Elipsa SE tomorrow, getting my ducks in a row, am I missing anything

Gonna head out before the chickens wake and drive 350 miles to hear a pair of Elipsa SE in the morning. Will have to get it right as a second listen is gonna be tough

I've sent pictures and descriptions of the listening area and speaker placement. He's gonna try to duplicate that setup before I arrive. Speakers 11 feet apart, listening position about 12' feet from the wall and speakers set a foot or 2 off the wall. 

I don't do vinyl anymore so will be streaming and CD only. I don't have any hi res media but plan to take female vocal (Ricky Lee), male vocal ( Leonard Cohen), an instrumental, and Rodrigo y Gabriela for full, fast and hard. Will hopefully listen to some high res of whatever he has on hand when I get there.

I'm looking for a wide and amazing soundstage.  I'll figure out amps, etc that work with whatever speaker I end up with.He's gonna setup the demo with ARC VSi-75 and Lumin A1. I've heard the integrated with a pair of Trio Ct's and it was nice but didn't take my breath away. Not sure if the ARC will show them best or if I could expect more out of the Elipsa with something else.

Moving forward sources will mostly be streamed though a PS-Audio Direct Stream so have lots of hopes for improvements.

While I'm in the city going to swing through some dealers and listen to Focal, Wilson, other Sonus Faber, and whatever else I can get my ears on.  

Any advice on what I've missed or should consider when looking at the Elipsa SE?

Thanks in advance

Keith

128x128doitwithlife
The speakers arrived in wonderful shaped. OK, not so much arrived, but rather retrieved. They quickly made they way to Spokane, then began transfers between shippers and lots of delay. Finally, hey can I just will call these? Picked them up the next day, so glad I took the truck. 

Happy is an understatement. These have exceeded my expectations and Lise described them as "beautiful". Between travelling and a nasty cold she hasn't been able to listen yet, but I'm hopeful.

Some friends came over the 1st night to listen. We did a quick A/B against the Maggies and then there were unplugged and stored. He felt they sounded 10x better than the Maggies yet he loves the Maggies. Currently trying to talk his wife into a way to get those into his home. She had a nice smile too and wanted me to turn the Elispsa up to see what they could really do. LOL

Still waiting for the PS audio bridge to arrive so I can stream high res, for now, just running through CDs and hearing so much that I was missing 

Several neighbors are interested in the Maggies, very confident they will be enjoyed in a new home shortly. 

Thanks for all the input. 

4 months later. 

I'm loving the Elipsa Se even with my old Arcam integrated. Got my old M+K sub in the mix and it really adds. Set the sub on the B speaker output so easy to take it in and out. Everyone can hear the difference, its night and day

Added a DirectSteam DAC as my source and the speakers came alive even more. Hugh sound stage and they are very forgiving of my room. Stream Tidal almost 100% now, the CD player is collecting dust unless the internet goes down which happens a lot here.

Just ordering a new amp and pre today. The extra current to these speakers should make a monumental difference. Also expect going from single ended to balanced should help also.

Gave my Maggies to my best friend and he is in his own heaven. Friends should let friends do soundbars!
What amp and pre amp did you end up getting? Have you experimented with tube vs. solid state? What about speakers cables and interconnects? 

doitwithlife

Provide us with an update on your gear/system?  Happy Listening!