Have you ever changed speakers to expereince a different "soundscape" or presentation??

Has anyone ever upgraded or changed speakers to experience a different "soundscape" or sonic presentation??

Whether right or wrong, I have always thought that different speakers CAN offer a different perspective on the music.played

Without tying this question to just sound staging and imaging,..... or planar, 'stat versus box speakers, has anyone been surprised or even stunned by listening to a familiar CD or LP, and believe it sounds different and more revealing than you ever have heard before? 

sunnyjim
I've owned MLs for decades and generally love them, but they really reveal limitations in recording quality. I recently bought some Klipsch Heresies and find a lot of classic rock is now much more fun to listen to, especially loud. I choose which speakers to use based on what and how I'm listening.
Post removed 
The opposite is true for me. I have owned Emerald Physics KCIIs with WireWorld internal wire upgrade for maybe 2 years, listening through the same basic system for at least 6 months, consisting of Emerald Physics 100.2SE amps and a Parasound P5, or Oppo 105 direct out, or Hattor XLR passive pre

About 3 months ago I replaced them with an Audio Alchemy amp & dac pre.and use a decades old Pioneer PD 65 (inverted platter) with Musical Concepts stage 3 mod, which includes an outboard power supply (I still use the 105 for SACD/DVD -A discs. THAT was a revelation on how good the KC IIs are 
Planars ruined me for box speakers, no matter how good or expensive. The 3-panel Magneplanar Tympani, just about all ESL’s, magnetic-planars, and ribbons. Cones are okay for bass (the best almost as good as the bass panels of the Tympani), but that’s about it. I no not like point source speakers, period.
@tomic601,  JRiver now has RP-FLAC integration but I haven't upgraded yet.  Sorry, off topic.