Have you ever changed speakers to expereince a different "soundscape" or presentation??

Has anyone ever upgraded or changed speakers to experience a different "soundscape" or sonic presentation??

Whether right or wrong, I have always thought that different speakers CAN offer a different perspective on the music.played

Without tying this question to just sound staging and imaging,..... or planar, 'stat versus box speakers, has anyone been surprised or even stunned by listening to a familiar CD or LP, and believe it sounds different and more revealing than you ever have heard before? 

sunnyjim
I have compared in the same room my KLH Nines and the Ohm Walsh Sound Cylinders. The same amp was used for each. Planar electrostats vs. omni dynamics. They certainly sound different! The Nines are like a large window looking into the musical performance. The Ohms have the ability to bring the performers right into the room (uncannily so!). Yet each system is eminently satisfactory in connecting me to the essence of the various recordings (both analog and digital)!
Yes it happened to me once. I was a super die hard Dynaudio lover (had C1 sig's). I thought they couldn't be beat as far as imaging - sound stage and detail. Then my local dealer took me to a clients home to hear a speaker he had on demo. That was the original Raidho D3. I never heard that kind of detail and 'air' between the instruments and vocals all without losing and pRat. It just sounded so real. We listened for a couple of hours. It was the only time after leaving I couldn't that sound out of my head. Literally that lasted for months. It was hard to justify the price. Eventually I gave in and bought the D1's. Later upgraded to the D2's and D2.1's for deeper lows and have settled on the D3.1's (in May) for a bit more lows but even a much clearer mid range.

Now I must admit I'm a bit nervous because Mike Borresen has announced his design which is supposed to be even better and to be shown at the RMAF this year. Yikes!! I'm not going to the RMAF but it's my local dealer who will be showing them. So I will be able to compare the D3.1's against the B-03's.
I suspect there are many here who have done just that. For me it's been simple curiosity. My own speaker collection consists of designs which are radically different from each other (i.e., a planar-magnetic, a two-way mini monitor with an AMT tweeter, and a pseudo-omni floorstander). I like each of them for their unique presentation. I'm currently using a single-driver design. 
This past year I have tried to find a speaker that would give me a different sonic presentation from my Martin Logans. Over the last 20 years I have had several pairs of ML's . From the fist time I heard a pair that literally  stopped my in my tracks, I have loved their sound. Compounding my quest was the fact that the nearest hi end shop was 3 states away. I won't bore you with all the details but I finally settled on a pair of Tekton Design Ulfberhts. They can match my Logans in speed but the presentation is more precise with a very wide and deep soundstage. I probably have around 30 hours on them and more than once they have startled me with a detail on songs I know very well.  
Congrats @lwin ! Can’t wait to hear them in your system Larry! I bet the Tektons are wonderful!
 I’ve heard the Tekton monitors a few times, and I like them, but your Ulfbrechts are sure to be on a different plateau.