Questions to J.A. Michell turntable owners...

How often do you change the oil in your record platter bearing?

What is your preferred cleaning process to the bearing assembly 
prior to adding new oil?

Have you tried pure synthetic motor oil (Mobil One or other) in lieu of the 
factory oil?

If you have tried pure synthetic, what weight (5w20 - 0w20 - etc.) did you
decide upon and why?

Thank You for your honest reply!

quincy
Yes , actually @best-groove , I did.

Perhaps you should do the same. After owning Michell tables since 1978 (Michell reference electronic, still have it and working) and my first Gyro, a Mk1 in 84 then 2 more gyro’s a full plinth, then a current SE version. I owned an Orbe MK1 Ac unit as well and instead of modifying as I had done extensively with my Gyro’s I happened upon a current Orbe SE DC/NC controller unit for a steal and jumped on it. I am well versed in Michell tables and spent 25 years part time repairing turntables with more complex movements but not necessarily better , but some were , complete with their own drawbacks. I like the simplicity and quality of build in Michell’s design and the reliability to just enjoy with little fuss and upgrades are available yet not that big a deal with the current tables like the upgrades were on a MK1 to the better platter/ bearing / suspension / power supply now standard.
I was simply trying to answer and help the OP. This is why many of us don’t bother much with the forums. People like you seem to see others as a VS. type personal engagement instead of a fellow enthusiast , thus stifling knowledge and the connections and advantages they bring.

Well wishes apologies, to THE OP, …………..
@has2be I did not understand all of what you wrote, but there are no problems; Quincy has learned what to do for his turntable.
OK.  Thanks very much for the answer to my question.

Synthetic motor oil is OK to use.
Change oil every 2 years or so.
Clean platter grooves where belt rides every 2 years or so.

(good tips - I dampened a few cotton balls with distilled water and then gently pressed them into the platter belt grooves while rotating the platter manually via the center spindel hold down nut....btw - the grooves were dirty, more so than I expected.)