McCormack DNA-1 Gold or DNA-225

I'm looking for a DNA-225, but am on the fence between a DNA-1 Gold revision.

If I go with the DNA-1, then I will likely send it off for a fresh Gold revision. Next option is find a DNA-225 and hold off on the mods for awhile.

My question is, how does the current DNA-1 Gold stack up to a 225 in stock form?

I'm looking at more $$$ to upgrade a 225 down the road and from what I hear an upgraded 225 is quite nice.

I know this is subjective but any opinions are greatly appreciated.
dyl71
When you are talking about replacing the fuses in these amps, (mine is a former DNA-225 which takes 7, I believe) on the circuit board), ...are you referring to replacing these or just the one on the ac input?

7 X $150.00 adds up quickly. I need to call in to Pat. Two years ago, when my last upgrade was performed the fuses recommended then were the Hi-Fi Tuning.
@slaw 
Yes, do call Pat, he can give the best info.
As far as replacing all the fuses, then yes, you should change them all out, if possible. Though even replacing just the AC fuse makes a difference.
The HiFi Tuning were his choice, but I recall this past month he said the Synergistic fuses were the way to go. Again, I can't remember which one.

And, my DNA-1monoblocks are back and running in nicely. -Definitely giving the Atma's a run for the money...
B
I have the DNA-1 with the Gold + Platinum upgrades. Although I have  Stereophile Class A mono block amplifiers that I was using, I am back to the DNA-1. Adding the MicroZOTL MZ2 preamp and using it with the DNA-1 is a killer combination! I have had my DNA since 1994 and upgraded it in 2014 - this heirloom will definitely be passed to my son.