CES and T.H.E. 2009 - Is anyone going?

I'm just curious is it workth going to these shows? What website have the best reports that follows the show? If any of you are going, please share your experiences....
Happy New Year! Have fun in VEGAS!!
wader1971
i have been going to the CES in Vegas for nearly 30 years. I expect that it will have the most shallow attendance in many years. I would love to go, and i will be in Vegas until the 7th, but the cost of a hotel room going from $38 to $128 for the same room just pisses me off no end...and that is a cheap room. I understand many hotels are adjusting the price down, which would be good, but too late for many professionals in the industry to make adjustments and attend at such short notice.....no...not going this year and i am heart broken about it.
I am, and Lc you are right!

The CEA promised the hotels would not raise rates this year, and to my checking all hotels are at least 50% or more over last years rates. Add to that the worsening economy and I think you are right, attendance will/should be down this year, but not by much. The computer business (former COMDEX) section of CES is doing well and might be doing so well as to compensate for the lack of sale in the high end AV industry, but only time will tell.

BTW I used to dream of going to CES, now that I do and have obligations there, I HATE it, and LV! Spend an hour in a cab line and another hour to go cross town to see a 20 minute demo and talk for another 20 then do it all again for another meeting? It is ridiculous! It is just too big to be doable anymore.

I plan to spend two days at the Venetian this year, an afternoon or AM at the AVN's, and likely a day or so more @ T.H.E. Show, I made no meetings this year, and am trying to stop anything show related @ 6PM, when I will go have a good dinner and relax!
No one is going.

If true this is the perfect year for you Audiogon guys to attend.

No crowds, no hassles, no cab lines, not even a long wait for the best seat at the finest restaurant.

Then again, if no one is going there won't be any displays or equipment either, making it the most boring CES of all time.