There should be a "Rant" category...

...but there isn't , so here goes. Someone listed  a piece of gear, with their asking price. The ad specifically said to "make a fair offer". So I did, just 10% below asking. He declined my offer and countered....with his original asking price! In dollars and cents, there wasn't really much difference, but it rubbed me the wrong way so much that I moved on. Am I being unreasonable? Discuss.
secretguy
Why not counter with 7.5% or 5% off? It's called bartering. It's also how much you want the goods....

amg56
"
Why not counter with 7.5% or 5% off? It's called bartering."

Thats' is not even remotely what "bartering" is you obviously are in no position to advice, instruct or counsel those here about negotiating the terms of a sale or trade even though you want us to think that you are a shrewd, sophisticated or accomplished "operator".
Whether it's unreasonable or not depends on what did you want more -- the equipment or 100% of the asking price sitting in your checking account? 
"but it rubbed me the wrong way so much that I moved on."

I can definitely understand how this may not be normal for ethical negotiation and that it would be frustrating to deal with, but have you really moved on? Yes, you forgot about the purchase, but the situation is still on your mind. IHMO, moving on would be to forget it entirely. A "Rant" category? Really? Guess it's a "sign of the times". Just turn on the TV, seems like everyone wants a "Rant" category.