Foil damping tape as a tonearm tube wrap?

There has been a couple sporadic posts recently about using a product called 3M foil damping tape to wrap tonearm tubes. The tape is normally used in applications to reduce unwanted vibrations in the product to which the tape is attached. In the particular tonearm wrap applications, users claim a noticeable improvement in sonic qualities of vinyl playback. I created this thread to catalog impressions of others who have used this material, their particular tonearm wrap applications and their take away stories. Who has used this product for tonearm wraps? Thoughts?
128x128celander
3M 434 is barely temperature optimal for home environments, having an upper working temp of 20C. Trust me, I checked all of 3M foils for their specifications. 3M 2552 is more effective across a larger, more relevant temperature range normally encountered in home environments. 
@celander : That’s for optimal results on airplanes and the like. It will works at 20° to 25° with no trouble in wht we wnt to works.

I ordered, is up to you.

R.
noromance:
Anyone use PTFE (plumber’s) tape?
I use PTFE on the tonearm of my Technics SL1210 M5G. I consider it an ideal mod, at least for that application.
Advantages are:
  • It’s very light, and doesn’t significantly affect the tonearm’s effective mass.
  • It uses no adhesive, which makes it easy to install and remove with no residue.
  • It’s crazy cheap. At about $1/roll, it costs about 17 cents of PTFE tape to wrap a 9" arm wand.
  • The tape stretches subtly as you wrap it around the tonearm, and then shrinks back into shape, adding subtle pressure to the tonearm tube and thus damping it.
  • It works really well on the Technics tonearm. I was hearing a bit of upper midrange glare in the tonal balance. To find the source of the resonance, I began flicking my fingernail against various metal components on the turntable. Flicking the tonearm produced a fairly sharp, high frequency "ping," I estimate at around 3Khz. I got a roll of PTFE tape left over from installing a shower head and wrapped it around the arm wand, with about an 1/8" overlap from wrap to wrap. I also wrapped the knurled collar that secures the headshell to the tonearm.
When I fired up the rig, the glare was gone, but there was no evidence of overdamping. The presentation had weight and body, the the treble also had air and the overall presentation improved in dynamics and inner detail.

@celander : At the end what we want is to tigth ( tension hold to the arm pipe ). with enough force the arm pipe and if the foil/wrapp has damping characteristics the better but not essential for the job. I think that even at 30-35° it works. We need the damping all over the frequency range not only in one frequency range, we need at least at both frequency extremes as a fact the bass range is so importamnt about.

The Sumiko works because it puts enough force against the arm pipe " killing " vibrations/resonances where it makes its harm " work ".

@johnnyb53 , with this damping method you can't overdamp the tonearm because you are not altering the pivot bearing free movements but helping about.
R.
The Sumiko Analog Survival Kit used a thin tape to be wound tightly around an arm tube slightly overlapping the winds. It was not heavy.
The Analog Survival Kit was the brainchild of Warren Ghel, currently employed at ARC. He developed this about the same time that SOTA came out with the Cosmos turntable, so about 28 years ago or so. I think he still has access to some of the materials.