Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT Setup Questions

I just purchased a used set of Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT speakers that will be delivered in a week or so. I am going to be doing the setup myself (help of my brother also). The Vandy Quatro / CT manual has very good detail and I am reading, preparing and starting to really understand the process. 

Vandersteen recommends using natural instrument Jazz recordings because they say these offer the most realistic and accurate sonic reproductions. They even recommend using Ray Brown Soular Energy. Can anyone recommend any other similar reference recordings?

Does anyone have any general recommendations and tips for Vandy speaker setup? Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

pilrem
@daverz thanks, this will push me to learn some new things !,,,,thanks for sharing
@pilrem wonderful!!!!!!! powered adjustable bass is really cool, glad to hear you are well setup and enjoying the music. I ran Niagria for years a very very neutral wire for sure.....

enjoy !!!!!
Vandersteen Quatro CT Setup Update

I decided to ask Jonathan Spelt from Ultra Fidelis in Milwaukee do a masters setup on my Quatro CTs. Bottom line is the difference is remarkable.

Originally I set them up myself. I was extremely detailed when I did my initial setup. I followed the Vandersteen instructions and really took my time. My system sounded better than it ever had and I was very pleased. After several weeks of listening, I decided to have Jon do the Masters Setup to see what improvement gains could be had.

Jon came to my house armed with music, tools and know how. His procedure was completely different from the one in the Vandersteen manual. I took notes on what he did but once he really got into the process I realized that my notes would in no way allow me to recreate the years of experience Jon has, or his ear... 3 or 4 hours later and my system sounds so much better that I was amazed. Probably the single biggest jump I could imagine for the money.

If you have Vandersteens, get Jon or someone like him to set them up properly. I took notes, I could elaborate on Jon’s process, but I would absolutely recommend a masters setup. Jon works closely with RV - and RV himself referred Jon to me; I am glad that I listened...

That is great to hear. I probably should have John Rutan set up my Treo's. (But, I hate to have him see my placement- there is only one place for them in my room).
Bob