Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
and of course i have to put a plug in for the PS Audio BHK amps as well.  They were not around when Jim could have heard them,  but they are a fantastic amp for the money.  Plus they are still in business and have the best customer service in the industry
hi Prof,   thanks for the comment.  i thought the analogy worked, and as i have gotten older,  i am trading sporty handling and ride for comfort and sitting a bit higher.  my measurements are 88" from the ear to the tweeter,  and 102" between the two tweeters versus yours of 84" and 99",  so very close.  i too like the "immersive sound i get that way.   some think i sit to close but it works for me.  speakers are barely toed in and I sit with my ears about 4-6" below tweeters. 

Thanks, Tom and brayeagle.  I've been on the lookout for a "tradeup" for the Classe ca-300 that I use with my 3.7s, and it would be nice to know what the pros where using for voicing. I remember a conversation with Rob a year or so ago who said that Jim Thiel used the Krell FBP 600 for voicing (apparently among some others). The Classe 300 is very nice, but I want to squeeze every last bit out of these fabulous speakers potential.
I'm just wondering in the differences we hear between the 3.7 and the 2.7 is based on the type of music we tend to play. Also there's a difference in  sensitivity between the two: 3.7 at 90 db;  2.7 at 87db. 
I auditioned the 3.7 and the 2.7 with my own CDs that I had played on my 3.5 pair.  I'm a classical music nut, so I took a selection of symphonies. operas, chorales, requiems, organ pieces and chamber music.  IMO, the dynamic range of a properly-recorded symphony (Beethoven, Mahler) might go from barely audible to"full blast;" however, to capture the barely audible on a properly-recorded RedBook CD means the recording isn't jammed and compressed into the maximum loudness levels sometime used by some of the modern jazz and rock bands. Ergo, with a decent RedBook CD, you shouldn't need  to twiddle the preamp volume control once set for the soft sounds.  That might make a difference in the relative loudness one appreciates between the 3.7 and 2.7        Just a unscientific thought by someone committed to RedBook CDs    YMMV
I would like to add that both speakers,  for whatever reasons,  need lots of break in time (400 Hours).   When i compared my well played 2.7's with the new  (and hardly used 3.7's I got from Rob) in the first month or so, the 2's killed it.   it took over 3 months for the 3's to catch up and now i think they have surpassed the 2's for my tastes.  but as i said earlier,  both are fantastic and nobody loses with either one.