Speakers for aging audiophiles - What's with today bass emphasis ?

I'd love to pick your brains on a issue and possibly a suggestion
My system has 2 sources, a Logitech transporter and Thorens 126 MKIII / SME / Supex.  Ampli recently changed to a Musical Fidelity M6si. My listening is 80% streaming and 20% vinyl. It's mostly classic and prog rock but also acoustic jazz and classic chamber music.
I have an issue with my current speakers setup: Dynaudio BM6 passive.
I have been using those for some months now and find that while they are satisfying in terms of scene, detail, resolution they are exceedingly strong in the bass (say 50 to 200 Hz) and not adequately balanced in the middle / treble, say from 1k Hz up. It seems as though the bass player stand in front with a big amplifier and everyone else is back in the stage.
I have changed the amplifier to the Musical Fidelity but while I am happy with that I did not see much change in respect to the issue I am describing.

I relate this issue to 2 causes:

1. Today's recordings emphasizes the bass unrealistically. Let me just give you an example. I recently bought Steve Wilson remix of Marillion "Misplaced Childhood". Great work. The mix is shining but compared to the old vinyl I have got you get this feeling of too much bass. Bass quality is great, well defined, solid, no complain but just too much of a good thing.

2. I am ageing, over 60 now. It is well know that as you age your sensitivity to the high frequencies falls down

Given those factors I'd like to change speakers to get something that:
- Is very open on the highs
- It's very analytical
- Does not over emphasize basses
- Bookshelf
- Ballpark cost 2 - 2.5 K

Can anyone make suggestions ? I was inclined to the Harbeths M30 but read several blogs where they say they do emphasize the bass. Maybe Dynaudio Special or Focus  ? How about Totem Sky ?

I don't mind spending a few more bucks to get what I want / need.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Mark.
marklings
How close do you have your speakers to the back wall?  Do you have flexibility to try pulling them out further into the room?  That usually helps a lot if you haven't already tried it, and it's free!!!

You might also consider some kind of bass management system like DSpeaker Anti-mode 2.0.  There's one available here now for $599 -- much cheaper than buying new speakers and will definitely fix your bass issues.  Best of luck. 

You did not mention your room size. I experienced the same issue that you did. I am also over 60 and my listening room is a small second bedroom. I found floor standing speakers would overwhelm the room with bass so I got KEF LS50's. Even when I plugged the port, the bass energy seemed out of balance so I decided to look at sealed monitors. I currently have Proac Tablette 10's and they sound much better in my room and the bass is more accurate while still getting a nice wide soundstage and clear highs. There are a few sealed monitors out there- Proac, Studio Electric, ATC SCM series, etc. You might want to give one of them a try.
thank for you advice@ ozzy, but  if you dont need my information is ok.
follow  recomendation  other member like move speakers little bit far
from walls , use different speaker cable and especially stands for
cable to ultimate unwanted  cable vibration
Can anyone make suggestions [for Monitor speakers]?

Consider the Tekton Design Impact Monitors. I believe they meet your checklist. Recently reviewed in Stereophile.

Another to consider ( and also a Utah option) is the Studio Electric M4, recently reviewed by part-time audiophile.