Accuphase E470 v. Luxman L509x

I am a long term fan of Japanese gear.
I am considering the Accuphase E470 or the Luxman L509x.
This amp will be running Joseph Audio Perspectives and Salk 12in Subwoofers.
My listening room is 23ft X 22ft with a12ft ceiling.
My musical taste preferences are classic and alternative rock and jazz.
I do not play my music loud.
My current amplifier is a Yamaha S2000.

Any assistance would help, thank you in advance.
honeybee2012
@yyzsantabarbara You didn’t specify in what price range you were enquiring, but I assume you mean roughly <$15kUS. Based on my own auditions, I have been impressed with the following amps listed from lowest to highest priced -

- Gold Note IS-1000
- Rowland Continuum S2 (and yes, I never thought i’d say a Class D amp sounded good)
- Audio Analogue Maestro Anniversary
- Boulder 865
- Audia Flight FLS-10
- Vitus RI-101

I recently a-b tested Pass Labs vs Luxman and Accuphase separates, and preferred Accuphase in that shootout. Hence, although I haven’t specifically heard the Accuphase E-650, I’m fairly sure I would prefer it to the Pass and Luxman integrateds.

Re: the Gryphon Diablo 300. I know there is a lot of hysteria on this site, and on Audioshark. And yes it is a good sounding amp, but as I understand it most of their chassis parts are made in Taiwan. To each their own, but personally I would take the Vitus RI-101 over that amp every day of the week.

Melguyone,
Very interesting about Gryphon chassis parts being made in Taiwan. Are we talking the Diablo only or their entire line including speaker cabinets?

honeybee2012,

I had Accuphase E-470 with matching accuphase D-550 a year ago. Good sounding gear but overpriced here in US. even if you find a dealer with 20% off. Currently have Luxman 509x - outstanding integrated. I can't believe it retails below 10 grand. More refined than E-470, more texture. more micro details and bass is great. I actually think its better than pass int-250 which I had also but did not compare at the same time with Luxman. Yes Gryphon diablo 300 (I owned it also) is more dynamic and even more detailed, but can be bright when driven loud and at low volumes lose some resolution.I really like the Luxman 509x. With that integrated I think Luxman hit a home run.  The only integrated from accuphase that can be better than luxman 509x is E-650. But I did not hear it so can't comment and again very costly here in US.

I used to live in Japan.  Step up transformer heaven!!
They charge what the market will support.  (too bad for us)

Have to admit that, visually, the Accuphase is a nice piece of gear.