Best vintage amps (late 70s / early 80s) under $3k?

The golden age of audio was arguably the late 70s / early 80s, when corporations were willing to dump a ton of money into R&D / materials to make the best equipment possible. The downside to owning equipment from this period now is possible refurbishment and maintenance costs, but it seems good deals can still be had.

Wondering if you guys had recommendations of great sounding amps from this era? Ideally I'm looking for something that's 100W minimum, doesn't run hot, and under $3000 second hand.

I already have a fully refurbished late 70s Pioneer M-22 that outputs 30W into 8ohms. I love this amp, but being Class A it's like a radiator and not suitable for Southern California's summer months in a smallish room. More power would also be good as my speaker efficiency is 89.5db. I listen to many genres of music, so the amp needs to be a good all-rounder.

My current chain:

Turntable: Technics 1210M5G w/ AudioMods tonearm and Lyra Delos MC cart
Phono stage: Avid Pulsus
DAC: RME ADI-2 Pro
Preamp: Schiit Saga
Amp: Pioneer M-22
Speakers: Prana Fidelity Bhava
Subs: Rythmik L12
128x128pts
I am not familiar with your speakers, and based on the name description, cannot find them on the net. I have owned the Pioneer Series 20 M22 and know it well. Does the amp clip ? 30 watts of class a power should be ok, even with your speakers, particularly in a smaller room. Can’t take the heat.....well..........try a Nuforce STA 200, on sale for $499. at AA. It is a sleeper. But, when you receive it, let it break in for a few hundred hours ( never turn it off, and leave a tuner playing, in mono, when not home ). Read about it first, as it is high gain with a low input sensitivity. And, I believe you can return it. I know some folks who own it ( as I do ). Enjoy ! MrD.
Thanks for all the responses so far.

mrdecibel - No, the M-22 doesn't clip and sounds great. I've just noticed higher wattage amps have a little more "driver grip" (for lack of a better phrase). Heat is the bigger issue right now.

It's true there's not much info on my speakers online, but they're highly regarded by those who've heard them (mostly at audio shows which the designer Steven Norber frequents). You can see them here:

http://pranafidelity.com

personally, i wouldn't drop $3k on a vintage amp, which as you note will require refurbishment/repair and (arguably) can't compete with modern designs, but if i had to i would go along with roxy and get a macintosh, which has collector status and great resale.
I have McIntosh MC2200 and like it a lot. Its well below your $3K budget and can drive speakers loads down to 2 ohm with ease. Not fancy looking  - no meters, and runs cool. The only down side is it weighs 75 lbs. If you insist on spending your entire budget and looking for 100wpc, almost all your choices, e.g., Krell, Mark Levinson, etc., will be Class A and will run hot.  
Post removed